[Open Assets] c_MoonBase.wad

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHCC

Too fast for you to see me.
After tyrcity(one of my favourite lvls), I took a very old map and finished it.

History:
Some people was sent to make a base on the moon and explore it . Eggman knew about this, and decided to make a trap for sonic and their friends, he sent that people to earth, without anybody knowing it. And the ST went to the moon to see what happened.
When sonic, tails and knuckles arrived on the moon, eggman broke the controls of sonic's spacecraft, took the chaos emeralds and get out of the moon with a teleporter to the GFZ. But, Dr.Eggman lost the chaos emeralds on the teleporter, some got back to the moon, and some got into the new teleport destination that eggman prepared to sonic. Now, sonic and their friends have to catch the emeralds, get back to GFZ and go defeat eggman.

Screenshots:

srb20037.png

srb20032.png

srb20033.png

srb20034.png

srb20035.png

srb20036.png

Download: View attachment c_MoonBase1.1.rar

I'm making a match version for this map, I'll put it here when I finish it.

Last edited:
Alright, I made the download one link so that people won't get confused and download the old versions.

The mass clean up was due to the fact that all those posts had to do with older versions. My last post had to do with scizor300's post, so since he deleted it, I deleted mine.

Last edited:
This map sounds like a RP lvl.
I don't know what I have to do in this level. Find a new spacecraft with the 7 emeralds?I found only 3 chaos emeralds and gave up.
The level have too many open areas, but I liked of some sector sceneries, like the barbecue.

Can anyone post their criticism? I need to see what the peoples think about this map.

You know what? No. If we wanted to give crit, we would have done it ages ago, but if we arn't posting, we arn't caring. Asking for crit just because you arn't being cared for won't magically make the board's bigger critics come riding on flying gold chariots guided by unicorns, waiting to give your review on a silver platter written on paper carved from a redwood tree. If nobody is posting, we clearly do not care for your map because it either does not interest us, or it's too lame to talk about.

Judging by these screenshots along, I definitely wouldn't bother giving critique because of how flat and basic the map looks. And given how screenshots are supposed to highlight some of the interesting things about the level, and ALSO your current track record, I shutter to think what the rest of the map is like, thus, I won't bother downloading. It looks more like a lame hangout map if anything. I know screenshots don't tell the whole story, but they can still tell a lot about a level, and just enough to stray people like me away from it. Your recent history also drags me away. So I won't bother actually criting this map, and I dunno how many others will.

Oh sorry if I bothered you, but I'll never be a good mapper without making horrible maps first, and I need some criticism to see if my map is good or not for the people. The players that played my level on the server said all the same thing: I liked this level or This level is soooo good. For this reason I don't believe them, because they don't say ANY criticism to improve my level.

The players that played my level on the server said all the same thing: I liked this level or This level is soooo good. For this reason I don't believe them, because they don't say ANY criticism to improve my level.

Ah yes, public servers...
As I gained from personal experience, they're 100% unreliable. All of them are super easy to impress and will have nothing but good things to say about the map, regardless of how crap it is. You could show them Sonic Quest's multiplayer stage set and they'd eat it like starving hobos. You ain't alone in the world of "no crit ever", as I fell into this years ago for other projects.

I suppose you could go to IRC or something, but I dunno how successful you'll be there. IRC is a terrifying place where only the brave/stupid/desperate enter. Other users, myself included, would eat you alive. We usually only crit on maps made by regulars on IRC anyways.

Also, I think it comes in part from a selection bias...the people who are most likely to join a server containing a WAD are the people who like the WAD most. That said, there certainly are some bizarre opinions to be found in public servers, the positivity of which should be taken with a grain of salt. On the Official Tortured Planet Server, I've encountered someone whose favorite zone was Spacewalk. Another player loved Alien Armageddon but disliked Gritty Columns. The place where the criticism is harshest and truest is this message board (well, maybe IRC is more so, but I hardly ever visit.)

I have a few suggestions for this map. My first suggestions are that every time you find a chaos emerald the script gives you a clue as to where to find the next one. I only found four, and there were numerous hidden areas where I expected to find another emerald but I didn't. Just a quick question but did you make sure that all seven emeralds made it into the map? This map has potential, and I liked the size altering gimmicks, but the areas seemed a little empty and the craters in the start area were hard to spot. I really liked the two areas inside the tree though, they were fun and required actual skill to navigate. I also liked the house as well, with little details like the fireplace and the glass dinner table. I have been around and have played a few of your maps, and I have to say, they are all good ideas, with lots of teleports (Which can be very fun to use), but they all seem to be lacking in content around the main areas. Your map just needs more content and it should be fine.

All the 7 emeralds are in the map, some of them is very hard to get.But if you didn't find the emeralds, just look in the doombuilder(if you have) or XWE to know where the emeralds are.

All the 7 emeralds are in the map, some of them is very hard to get.But if you didn't find the emeralds, just look in the doombuilder(if you have) or XWE to know where the emeralds are.

Checked and I can't seem to find the teleport to the final room with the emerald and the level finish sign. Just out of curiosity, does this map require teamwork with other players to finish? I have found this map to be quite complicated in its own way. I still think hints as to were to find the next emerald would be very useful and neat, as Tails often brings some type of little emerald-detector gadget to help him and Sonic get the emeralds. Most people I know have given up on this map because they can't find the next emerald. I think that adding hints in the form of a sort of emerald detector would help add to the story and make your level that much more interesting. Also, give some of your empty buildings reason to exist. Like the center building in the main area with multiple floors, add something to each floor and give it some sort of use or gimmick, maybe add a few computers or valuable item containers, or more scripting when you step in certain areas, and once again, add to the story. I don't think I have ever seen a map like this before (not counting tyrcity) and I have to say that it is an interesting concept, but when building a map like this, you need to give it more to get it to work and to get it to succeed. Some people have said how players will most likely use it to roleplay. That is true but most players can generally roleplay on any map they choose. This map just seems more appealing because it has multiple rooms and other things that would promote rp. People will roleplay one way or another, and it probably won't go away. Like cockroaches, no matter how many times you step on it, it just won't die. Still, it shouldn't prevent levels from having unique concepts like yours. I say it still needs work, but overall it is pretty decent.

Criticism?

Err... um...

In the big meadow (Where the house is.), I can thok through one of the walls! (I forget which.)

Ok, I made about 6 or 7 maps, but only 3 of them had a real criticism(thx to D00D64,MisterX and Fawfulfan to give them, even if I didn't like them for one moment),the other maps didn't have a good criticism, including this.
I personally think that the two maps that I've done recently(MoonBase and WarZ) are better than the others, but I'll never know if this is true or not, because no one lifted a finger to type a good criticism to my maps in their keyboard.

Ok, I made about 6 or 7 maps, but only 3 of them had a real criticism(thx to D00D64,MisterX and Fawfulfan to give them, even if I didn't like them for one moment),the other maps didn't have a good criticism, including this.
I personally think that the two maps that I've done recently(MoonBase and WarZ) are better than the others, but I'll never know if this is true or not, because no one lifted a finger to type a good criticism to my maps in their keyboard.

I think what are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back