SRB2 v2.0.5 is now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! It's here! :D To bad I can't download it. I don't want to take up space on my dad's computer and since our other computer is broken, (it has been for several months now) I can't play it anywhere. ;_; SRB2 was downloaded on my broken computer.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

More important than making new stuffs and all is making the game run nicer and more stable.

Just a question: The 2.04 CFG files (i.e. autoexec, adedserv, config.cfg and so on) are still compatible? I'd like to use them in 2.05. I wouldn't like to configure everything manually again.

– Fixed some major palette issues that made the game’s colors go wonky after using Alt+Tab or when starting the game initially.

Nope, that still happens. :/

Also, with 2.0.5, why have the levels became MORE laggier? They're starting to become incompatible with my comp... :/

....Wow. ERZ is actually PLAYABLE now, I can actually see what's below me in inverted gravity!

Cleared ERZ 1 with Sonic. Cleared SS7 for the first time. Lost all my lives at Brak Eggman. Hopes and dreams now crushed.
By the way, how many hits does Brak Eggman take before he goes down?

Just eight, last I checked. As usual, he goes into his pinch phase after six hits.

– Fixed some major palette issues that made the game’s colors go wonky after using Alt+Tab or when starting the game initially.

Nope, that still happens. :/

Also, with 2.0.5, why have the levels became MORE laggier? They're starting to become incompatible with my comp... :/

I think you have to turn off some HOM thing. IIRC, Mystic/SonicT told the command.

Doesn't OpenGL still work?
I randomly get error messages, such as srb2.srb being corrupted.

Well, I don't really think this update had lots of pros. The game just gained A LOT of lag right at the start. The levels don't have that problem though. There are 2 things that REALLY bother me:

1)ERZ3 "hangable ledges" , ME NOT GET IT.

2)Why does my game crash when I try to go in multiplayer?

Scratch that. Seems like my antivirus program froze the game.

Other than that, I can't really complain.

Last edited:
HOMREMOVAL dosen't fix the lag issues, it's still lag city there. The only levels that don't really lag for me are GFZ, THZ and RVZ. Also found it strange that those are the only levels that kept their 1.09.4 look. :/

Also found it strange that those are the only levels that kept their 1.09.4 look. :/
RVZ didn't keep its 1.09.4 look at all. They just don't lag because they're so small and basic. Yeah, seems like there are some lag issues apart from homremoval.

As soon as I saw these multiplayer level changes, I felt in heaven. I'm glad to be a Knuckles player.

Anyway, 2.0.5 is great, and the changes in the multiplayer levels makes the game feel more finished. Especially the other features such as viewing someone's name when looking at them, and seeing spectators in the list of players. If I could give this update a score, it would be 10/10.
Also, I don't see why people are complaining about lag issues, I didn't catch any lag at all.

OMG it's not a rickroll. Great job STJr! Although I would rather have an HoM alarm that goes off whenever there are gaps in the buffer instead of covering them up. Much more useful and probably more efficient.

Just eight, last I checked. As usual, he goes into his pinch phase after six hits.
Phew, that's a relief. I thought he took 12 hits like classic Sonic final bosses used to take.

Anyway, decided to restart the game and farm for lives. This time I actually could get all emeralds, and went to unlock NAGZ. Well, it's something better now =)

Also, RVZ's token path is broken.

I've been trying and trying to download/play it, but it's not working. :( Can someone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back