Azure City Zone [Old - Please use KartZPack]

Azure City Zone was originally from 2.0 Kart, but I decided to port it over to the current version of Kart with a small amount of changes. Also some thanks to Nintensis (Also known by Ninferno) for helping me with some of the issues I've been running into, and recently Lat for helping me learn how to fix the finish line I messed up.

CHANGELOG
V5a - CURRENT
- Map Number changed to J0 to avoid conflicts
- Removed impassible line at a place I forgot
- Removed the unessesary cut-off at the tunnel
- Removed the added section from the tunnel
- Fixed the Finish Line's appearance
- Item Placement Adjustment

V4
- Oh no a cave in happened at the tunnel!, take a right turn please.

V3.5
- Fixed a few linedefs due to Snu getting stuck between two of them

V3
- Lowered walls to the left of the starting line to make more room
- Straightened the starting road in ZoneBuilder
- Changed the starting/finshline to match Azure Island

V2.5
- Fixed Map not appearing in the Voting Menu

V2
- Turned back from Night to Day
- Changed a few textures around
- Music changed back to the one from 2.0 (After I was told the source of the music)
- Adjusted some impassible lines but they still remain around the off-road section

V1
- Amount of Laps changed to 4 due to the map being a bit small in size
- Turned from day to night
- Reduced Brightness and Rainy Weather (Like Northern District)
- Stairs turned into slopes
- Adjustments to all 3 Paths to avoid one path only being taken
- Minor section added in the tunnel area

If there is any issue found feel free to post about it here and I'll make sure to get around to fixing it

Attachments

• kart0027.gif
    kart0027.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 293
  • kart0028.gif
    kart0028.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 289
  • kart0029.gif
    kart0029.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 259
  • kart0030.gif
    kart0030.gif
    7.9 MB · Views: 321
  • KR_AzureCityZone_v5a.pk3
    2.6 MB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Well, it can go in releases, but I can't say I am happy with the changes.

The biggest problem to me is changing it from a sunny day to a stormy night, and wapping out Under Construction from NiGHTS into Dreams, as Azure City was, at least in one incarnation, a NiGHTS map, and also goes against the whole "azure" bit. Putting up invisible walls also kind of kills this spirit, as places like the stadium were places to goof around a bit since as a NiGHTS map, there was room to explore and these didn't actually impact the Kart racing much at all, so it was pretty harmless to leave those areas open.

There also must have been a step-up sector you missed, as sidewalks blocked me at first, but then I could suddenly drive up them. The Derpy Hooves cameo (that I am glad didn't return in current 'Kart) still has its object on the ship, but with no object in the game, the game spawns an error object instead. Finally, as for the tunnel, if you give the player an option to use boost pads or item boxes, the correct choice i always going to be boost pads for anyone not in last place. Especially if said path is already shorter to take without boost pads. Overall, I can see you wanted to make all paths usable, and thats a good effort, but I dont like these other changes.

Ah I see, I don't mind reverting some of those changes. Thanks for at least telling me about some of the issues that are still present in this map, I'll do my best to fix them.

as for swapping out the song- thank you for at least telling me the source of it, I didn't know where it was from and I did actually change the map to night with rainy weather in the first place due to the one I swapped
it for. ^^'

Last edited:
I really don't like to bump/reply to this a 3rd time in a row, but

Updated the map to v3 which may be final unless any other issues are found

(This time I don't bump/reply again till someone else does).

Map updated once again (Possibly final), I didn't know what to do at the tunnel due to the option to go for items or miss items and take the boost pads, so I decided to cut off the left side of the tunnel moving the items forward past the boost pads. (This means go right as you can only now take the boosts pads) Have Fun!

After- Months of not checking and/or looking at this map again, I finally got up to update this once again to remove the two unnessesary changes I made to the map (along with adjusting the placements of item boxes). Hopefully this is the final update for the port and/or until something else wrong is found, I hope the rest of you enjoy!

(Changelog on first post)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back