• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

WglDITb.png

Since the Death Egg Robot isn't going anywhere, I started on this. Its rig is going to be used for HMS, and other characters, if I feel like making them.

@Virt: You know, sometimes I like that model, but BlitzSonic Ultra ruined it for me. The animations in Blitz were so horrid when he jumped, I was afraid to even look at that thing.

Also, its a good thing XSpeedGod is making that Shadow wad. Because I found something in my SRB2 files yesturday.
The file was a file named GC.wad. I opened it up in slade, and I remembered what it was. I then started porting it to 2.1, and the level will hopefully come out around the same month that the shadow wad will be...give or take 8 months:

It does look very nice. But I can't see the second image. Can you fix that?

Also, I noticed the Boost meter at the bottom of the screen. I can help with some sprites for Sonic when he boosts. So if you need help for spriting, just ask me.

Second image? ............ I just posted that gif there :P. Also that would be nice, I'll pm you when I have free time.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

@Virt: You know, sometimes I like that model, but BlitzSonic Ultra ruined it for me. The animations in Blitz were so horrid when he jumped, I was afraid to even look at that thing.

You sure picked some other user CSonic animations, just look for XxsupershadicxX' ported CSonic animations. And it's not BlitzSonic Ultra, it's BSU.

This looks good for a start. About the level name I would propose you something like Crystalline Lake.

Hmm... Crystalline Lake is a very good name because the track is made to focus the lake all the time and I've planned to do a cave with crystals inside.

Why not Crystal Caves? It's just a random suggestin tough.

Some progress about my NiGHTS level. I still don't know how to name it yet. Any suggestions?

r741oh.jpg

Sonic will go through these rock-ice pilars.

1495x78.jpg

Inside the lake. Again, Sonic will go through the lake.

10zcxa8.jpg

A bunch of houses. This area is unfinished and the Mario fence is a placeholder.

What do you think?

Why not Crystal Caves? It's just a random suggestin tough.
Looking at the level itself, it's on the outside and it has a lake...

But for a stage name? I'd maybe suggest Crystal Lakeside, or maybe Crystal Ice Lake....

Thanks for the suggestions!

But I really like the name "Crystalline Lake" because it sounds like a NiGHTS level name.

...I'm not saying those names are bad though

Second image? ............ I just posted that gif there :P. Also that would be nice, I'll pm you when I have free time.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

You sure picked some other user CSonic animations, just look for XxsupershadicxX' ported CSonic animations. And it's not BlitzSonic Ultra, it's BSU.

Yes, that's what BSU stands for. But not only that, but Blitz Sonic Advanced has the horrible animations.

Some progress about my NiGHTS level. I still don't know how to name it yet. Any suggestions?

r741oh.jpg

I know its such a minor detail no one really seems to have cared, but could you make the wall even?
Its kinda... Disturbing like that :T

http://oi60.tinypic.com/r741oh.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/1495x78.jpg

Inside the lake. Again, Sonic will go through the lake.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/10zcxa8.jpg

A bunch of houses. This area is unfinished and the Mario fence is a placeholder.

What do you think?

Ancient_aliens_guy.jpg

White Glacier

...no, not really, if there is a White Glacier in SRB2, I would like it to be a remake of White Glacier from Bomberman 64 for SRB2 Topdown.

Overall, it looks good so far, and I do like the idea of another NiGHTS stage that works like Spring Hill (in that you can roam the level without entering NiGHTS mode).

I cannot wait to see the finished product.

I know its such a minor detail no one really seems to have cared, but could you make the wall even?
Its kinda... Disturbing like that :T

It looks really disturbing indeed, I haven't noticed. xD

But don't worry, that wall is also a placeholder and it's going to be revamped. Right now I'm focusing on the terrain where SSonic will go through.

It's going to use different textures cause those SRB1 textures makes the wall look like ice puke.

eCYUEXb.gif

Get hype. Still really unfinished, as I plan for stars to be expended while using any sort of special action such as charging a spindash or simply shooting them like this. The Spark Burst from Great Divide will find it's way here with the purpose of sticking landings much like the homing attack used to do.

I cannot wait to play with him again as a new Jasper version! Really, i used him anytime, everytime, while playing 2.0.

Shadicthehedgehog.gif

I improved a few things.
balls.png

For those who can't tell what changed. (Right is the newest)

Last edited:
I saw the blue and I thought it was Inazuma lol.

But, I'm having trouble seeing what's different. What changed?

Last edited:
I have given up my previous Sanic project in favor of Jasper's. Now I'm started on something completely different.

pFvgzZm.png

ROLEH POLLEH PUTTT
(Sprite still WIP, needs constructive criticism and LOTS OF LOVE.)
Sprite 1/170 done! :P

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back