• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

srb20020.gif

Here's Construction Chaos Zone again. Haven't worked on it in sometime, so not much has happened there. Some tips would be appreciated.

I guess you missed the point made in the above post.

You mean the "they look the same" point? That still makes it a horrible decision. Just because Meadow Match looks like Greenflower doesn't mean that we have to start calling it Greenflower.
EDIT: Now that I think about it, that might have been referring to changing the level to looks less like ACZ. Still, it was a kind of stupid way to say it and who cares if it looks like another level.

ANYWAYS...

This is a little project I've been working on when I run out of motivation to work on other stuff. Since everyone's showing their MP levels, I thought I might as well too.

NgBae0Z.jpg

The textures were provided with permission.

EDIT2: @LightspeedX: You could use a bigger texture on the outer walls. You may want to spice up those metal structures you got there; perhaps by adding caution stripes to the edges of the platforms, and making the pipe cast a shadow? That little quicksand pit looks pretty small and boring. Mind sprucing it up by making it bigger, and adding some crates floating in it?

Also add a crane near the big pit. You know you want to.

Last edited:
Nah, that's actually the Sonic 2 design of the Death Egg Robot. Doesn't make it any less cool to see though.

First of all, why does the sky change?
Second of all, why didn't you use ramp sector effects for the stairs?

Other than that it looks okay, but it could use a bit more scenery here and there.
Though honestly that looks nothing like what I envisioned Dark City to look like, with the floating roads and surrounding bottomless pit.

Last edited:
[Canyon Valley GIF in which I asked for but never received yet you post one on the MB without me knowing]
BlueBlurForever couldn't figure out how to do FOFs and he wanted a cave in his level, so..
It wasn't that I didn't know how, it was that I didn't have the TIME to LEARN.

Also this is very relevant.
untitled_zps40c2bf03.png

I know this isn't an SRB2 image per say but it is a concept image for a CTF map in which I'm going to make.
Also Pikafan8 is going to be working on the rest of Canyon Valley, so that's why I moved on to this. I won't be giving out much more about this though, unless you're in the IRC or other misc places in which I go to.

Oh yea and I pretty much canned my Dark City because there's already too many people trying to make their own and I just don't see the point in adding on. It's bad enough that maps aren't that easy to make (But at least this is better than MM8BDM's form of mapping).

First of all, why does the sky change?
Second of all, why didn't you use ramp sector effects for the stairs?

Other than that it looks okay, but it could use a bit more scenery here and there.
Though honestly that looks nothing like what I envisioned Dark City to look like, with the floating roads and surrounding bottomless pit.

:PPPPPPP Work in progress, I started this 2 hours ago.

The sky changes cos..... Well, you get out of the volcan and then you start "Dark" City over the night.
Also tell me, how did you wanted DCZ look like?

Last edited:
FamousParallelBluebird.gif

srb20212.gif

Made some better sprites for my Rock Mimic badnik; it needed them badly. Proper animation frames have not been finished yet.

0fYK7Jq.png

Old

yfS3w0W.png

New

Meh.... Just some work in progress stuff...
*image1* *image2 (broken)*

It does look very nice. But I can't see the second image. Can you fix that?

Also, I noticed the Boost meter at the bottom of the screen. I can help with some sprites for Sonic when he boosts. So if you need help for spriting, just ask me.

Some progress about my NiGHTS level. I still don't know how to name it yet. Any suggestions?

r741oh.jpg

Sonic will go through these rock-ice pilars.

1495x78.jpg

Inside the lake. Again, Sonic will go through the lake.

10zcxa8.jpg

A bunch of houses. This area is unfinished and the Mario fence is a placeholder.

What do you think?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back