Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic Sonic Games

• Not sure

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic CD was the reason why I love the sonic games. My favourite classic game has to be Knuckles Chaotix, favourite modern game is Sonic Rush and favourite unoffical game it this one :D .

Sonic 1 for Genesis was my first sonic game. I loved it so much! But now I have all the Genesis Sonic games, I love them all. I like Classic better, Sonic 2 rocks. Favourite Modern game is Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. All favourite sonic game is SRB2 :wink:.

Sonicandtails218 said:
That said, note I mentioned "beloved Sonic 2". It's my favorite game by far, partly because I've been playing it since I was three. The classic games are better by far...but that's just it. They're classic. We're never going to get the past back, why do we keep trying?
Because, shock of all shocks, it's possible to create similar and entertaining experiences. I complain a lot about the modern Sonic games because I just don't find them fun. Obviously we can't go back to the days of the classics, and why would we want to? I want something new that doesn't suck.

Like the aforementioned Smash Brothers Melee. SSBM is much better than SSB. It improves on the original concepts and adds a ton of new ideas. However, it doesn't completely break what made the game fun, like the modern Sonic games do. That's my objection. I have no problem with 3D and improvements. I have a problem with the fact that the new games just suck, and they need to remember what made the original games fun before they can improve on the concept. You wouldn't build a school on the foundation for a townhouse. SEGA should build on the original concepts in the classics, instead of trashing the physics engine and creating something totally new, which I just don't enjoy.

Sonic 3 is more fun than Sonic the Hedgehog though. Sonic The hedgehog has sucky graphics but good gameplay.

Mystic said:
Because, shock of all shocks, it's possible to create similar and entertaining experiences. I complain a lot about the modern Sonic games because I just don't find them fun. Obviously we can't go back to the days of the classics, and why would we want to? I want something new that doesn't suck.

Like the aforementioned Smash Brothers Melee. SSBM is much better than SSB. It improves on the original concepts and adds a ton of new ideas. However, it doesn't completely break what made the game fun, like the modern Sonic games do. That's my objection. I have no problem with 3D and improvements. I have a problem with the fact that the new games just suck, and they need to remember what made the original games fun before they can improve on the concept. You wouldn't build a school on the foundation for a townhouse. SEGA should build on the original concepts in the classics, instead of trashing the physics engine and creating something totally new, which I just don't enjoy.

Totally agree with you there. I think all Sonic Team and SEGA need to hear is the theme song for Sonic CD (Japanese Version). I have a feeling that's all they need. To me it seems like they're not trying anymore. With all the new characters they keep adding, every game they make just seems like a fangame.

I find that NOW I like the new ones. They're better in a lot of ways, I'd take Sonic Adventure 2 over Sonic the Hedgehog 2 anyday, and I grew UP with those old games.

I've pretty much given up on hoping that there's going to be another game like the classics. If they're so stupid as to not realize after seven years that there's some major screwing up going on that needs to be changed, it's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back