[Open Assets] Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
That was actually what I thought of "Sonic Next Gen" as, but I also thought it couldn't be that, since everyone seems to think it's the worst official Sonic game that has been made. What's bad about sneaking through loops?

Offtopic: It was buggy, I know, but the story had a lot of potential. If it was redone, and also available on computer via Steam, I'd play it, even though I beat it on PlayStation 3 already. At least if there was a demo so I'd know if my computer could handle it (Sonic Generations lags on my computer).

Ontopic: Well, alright, if you would want it, then sure. I just know I won't make it, and I also know the Models Resource (major, known site for model rips from games) derped out a week or so ago. I don't think a lot of people have that model of Sonic on their computer. I should shut up. *Derp*

Virtual already has the model. He showed it off in an editing topic. He even made animations for it too, I think.

Hey, sorry I'm late, I didn't know about 2.1.7 patch since now xD. Well I'll try to make some more MD2s for srb2, but now that school started, I'm gonna have a short time to dedicate to Srb2 so you know.

Hey, sorry I'm late, I didn't know about 2.1.7 patch since now xD.
It was released today, so you're not that late. But do you know if it's possible to have 2 .smd models, one for a mesh and one for a skeletal animation, and then import the mesh and apply the animations onto it with FragMotion?

It was released today, so you're not that late. But do you know if it's possible to have 2 .smd models, one for a mesh and one for a skeletal animation, and then import the mesh and apply the animations onto it with FragMotion?

Well, if there is the mesh and the skeletal animation bones, then you should asign all the bones of the skeleton to the mesh, which is a bit frustrating work to do, specially with Fragmo.

Well, if there is the mesh and the skeletal animation bones, then you should asign all the bones of the skeleton to the mesh, which is a bit frustrating work to do, specially with Fragmo.
.smd is a skeletal animation format which is already weight-mapped. And messing around, when I touch something in FragMotion, there come all sorts of green to yellow to red lines out of bones onto vertices (which I believe is weight-mapping), as well as if I rotate a bone, the mesh bends with it.
I just meant "can one import a mesh with bones, and then import an animation for the skeleton/mesh in FragMotion, and then export it as .md2"?

Sonic Colors MD2 coming soon! :D

Attachments

• fragMOTION 2014-04-16 20-36-53-631.png
    fragMOTION 2014-04-16 20-36-53-631.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,104
yes, the difference is that I can reduce the frame limits of the BlitzSonic animations i made, in fact, my animations will be much higher quality than yours, but we can make our MD2 with our own way :).

Last edited:
yes, the difference is that I can reduce the frame limits of the BlitzSonic animations i made, in fact, my animations will be much higher quality than yours, but we can make our MD2 with our own way :).

I Kinda like Virt's Model better, but if you can do the animatons i can see that in the future.

Virt vs. Virtual. Who will win? Answer: TheDoctor. I made a Sonic Colors MD2 quite long ago way back in 2.0:

(both pictures were taken in different time periods, hence the different usage of textures on them. And believe it or not, the Egg Fleet map was an old map, that was hardly worked on)

Ofc, back then I was still a beginner in terms of modeling and animating, so both of yours will most likely be far more better.

Virt vs. Virtual. Who will win? Answer: TheDoctor. I made a Sonic Colors MD2 quite long ago way back in 2.0:

(both pictures were taken in different time periods, hence the different usage of textures on them. And believe it or not, the Egg Fleet map was an old map, that was hardly worked on)

Ofc, back then I was still a beginner in terms of modeling and animating, so both of yours will most likely be far more better.

And. The Doctor Wins.....when he highers the poly of the model.

Bit of a big ego you got there, huh? And you haven't seen Virt's animations yet, so how could you predict that yours will be better?

Oh, you think I'm just pretending |:-)?

Test this

It is not finished yet, so you may see some texture misplacement.
19.0 0.0 is recommended.

Attachments

• Sonic Colors MD2.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 705
Last edited:
Oh, you think I'm just pretending |:-)?

Test this

It is not finished yet, so you may see some texture misplacement.

I opened it in misfit (quickest tool I have that opens models, and views animations), and these are a few things that bother me about it so far.

Even though its only 3 frames, it looks pretty bad. The standing from looks odd, and the waiting frames are simple relocations of the arms, a tilted head, and foot tapping. I'd suggest to put a little creativity into the model animations, especially with the hands since the model flashes the fingers out like that. If you are going to make him crosshands, at least make it look good by positioning his fingers properly (even if this isn't your animation, fix it up a bit).

Also, (this also sorta applies to Virt), this isn't something bad, but I would say to improve the textures up a bit. I know you are both using the original textures from Sonic Colors, but you don't seem to be using all, just the basic 'color' texture.

Let me explain using spoilers and words. These are two textures representing the body of Sonic the hedgehog:
This one, the one that you both used:

And this one, which you both most likely deleted :(...:

Instead of taking simply the colorful one, I would suggest taking both the textures and fusing them together to create one mixed texture. Think of it as Void in maginary world, wanting to become whole..*laugh* nope, couldn't say that with a straight face.

Here is an example of what I mean by a mixed texture (Note: I gave Sonic derp eyes for a purpose...the purpose is for the luls):

(Also, becareful. I saw the animations, but noticed the model's size is WAY to small for the average SRB2 player, and noticed you already started to give the model frames D;)

Edit: I re-read this, and it seems sorta bashful, but thats not the purpose, sorry if it seems bashful.

Last edited:
I opened it in misfit (quickest tool I have that opens models, and views animations), and these are a few things that bother me about it so far.

Even though its only 3 frames, it looks pretty bad. The standing from looks odd, and the waiting frames are simple relocations of the arms, a tilted head, and foot tapping. I'd suggest to put a little creativity into the model animations, especially with the hands since the model flashes the fingers out like that. If you are going to make him crosshands, at least make it look good by positioning his fingers properly (even if this isn't your animation, fix it up a bit).

i EXACTLY said it wasn't finished, so I already have aknowledge of my badass animations, so I'm gonna bring the model finished.

(Also, becareful. I saw the animations, but noticed the model's size is WAY to small for the average SRB2 player, and noticed you already started to give the model frames D;)

I preffer leaving the size like that, it doesn't bothers me.

Also I liked the idea of fusing the different skin layers, but it would just make it darker. Dat LULZ WiTh dat serious faze :-I.

i EXACTLY said it wasn't finished, so I already have aknowledge of my badass animations, so I'm gonna bring the model finished.

I preffer leaving the size like that, it doesn't bothers me.

Also I liked the idea of fusing the different skin layers, but it would just make it darker. Dat LULZ WiTh dat serious faze :-I.

But didn't you said you were stripping the animations from Blitz?

Also size will later on bother you, when you notice you are smaller then a ring, or about the size of a chaos emerald.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back