Week of SRB2 I - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST218

Sorry about the delay, guys.

Mirror 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/75ewpk
Mirror 2: http://cstrfan.info/files/mirrors/rmt_weekofsrb21.wad

Entries:

MAP01 - Aether Storm Zone by MattW_CFI (Match)
MAP02 - Airborne Hell Zone by SRB2WikiSonicMaster (Match)
MAP03 - Floating Canyon Zone by DarkWarrior (Match)
MAP04 - Skyway Highway Zone by Senku Niola (Circuit)

Voting Guidelines:
1. Vote on all the maps. If you vote on one map and not the others, your vote won't be counted in the final tally.

2. I'm not implementing a voting rubric here (yet!). However, I will say this-grant two points for the theme and another for the limitation. Whether or not they qualify for both theme points is your discretion.

3. As there's a low number of maps, I suggest multiple rounds or extra long rounds in order to not deprive yourself of a good long game.

4. If you vote on all the maps, the lowest score will be dropped from your map.

5. Vote on an integer scale from 1 to 10. That means no decimals, no negatives.

6. Please include criticism with the vote-helping the map makers get better will benefit everyone.

7. There are no divisions. This isn't about the best Match map or best Circuit map. This is just the best map made in a week.

8. Finally, the prizes. First and second place get to decide the theme and limitation for Week of SRB2 II. First place picks one of those, makes his decision, and second place chooses the remainder.

I don't have a timeline yet on when voting will end and the next contest begins. However, voting will be at least three days or so, to give people time to play over the weekend.

Also, this is for contest voting only. Comments about Week of SRB2 itself should be directed to the appropriate topic in Editing.

Also, if Mystic's reading this, could you put the combined pack on Addons? Sendspace will only hold something for so long. To this end, mapmakers, please try to include a description if possible.

Again, happy voting everyone!

EDIT: When did we implement a post size limit? I'm triple posting 'cause this combined was too wordy? huh? If an admin could clear this up? This isn't GameFAQs....

contestpostqq8.png

I think, for a starting contest, 4 entries is pretty good. Especially given that said contest was thrown together in a week. =P Hopefully, we'll get more submissions next time. The whole limitations + theme thing really is a great idea.

MAP01 - Aether Storm Zone by MattW_CFI (Match) - 3/10
A HaiFF ripoff. Well, 2 points for theme and 1 for limitation at least.

MAP02 - Airborne Hell Zone by SRB2WikiSonicMaster (Match) - 5/10

Um, I don't think this fit the theme that well, to me it looked like you made it and put the sky pit at the end to make it adhere to the sky theme. I also didn't realize that the middle part wasn't a death pit until the end of the second time I played it. Other then that, it played kinda nicely for a simple map (which has to do with the time) so I give you points for that. 1 for limitation, 0 for theme, and 4/7 for the map.

MAP03 - Floating Canyon Zone by DarkWarrior (Match) - 8/10
This zone was the best to look at. The main problems I had where that the second small area wasn't really needed for this map, and the second being the fog not looking right in any render. 1 for the limitation, 2 for the theme, and 5/7 for the map

MAP04 - Skyway Highway Zone by Senku Niola (Circuit) - 4/10
Pretty much what Darkwarrior already said. The cheap deaths are lame, and you need to use star post activators for circuit maps. 1 for limitation, 2 for theme, and 1/7 for the map

I played a netgame with torgo using these maps and i will replay then and post my votes later but one i cant forget was MAP04 - Skyway Highway Zone by Senku Niola (Circuit) as it was full of cheap deaths and not enough detail, it has potential but not enough effort was put into making it. 5/10

Okay, this has been enough time. By the time I get home tomorrow night (10:30 Eastern or so), voting will be closed.

Yes, I know this is a double post. How else will people know that this has been updated?

So, uhh, I hope next time we can get a higher turnout. I mean, we were fine on the submissions, but only two votes...yeah. Oh well. We'll give this another shot. In the meantime, the results.

Aether Storm Zone by MattW_CFI: (3+7)/2=5
Airborne Hell Zone by SRB2SonicWikiMaster: (4+5)/2=4.5
Floating Canyon Zone by DarkWarrior: (8+X)/2=8
Skyway Highway Zone by Senku Niola: (3+4)/2=3.5

Well, we'd probably have more fair scores if we'd had more votes, so if Matt, SRB2Sonicetc.etc., or Senku don't like the distribution here, they should have voted.

Well, that said, Floating Canyon Zone is the winner for Week of SRB2, tardy as this is.

Darkwarrior, you may choose the theme or limitation for the next contest.
MattW_CFI, you may choose whichever criteria he doesn't pick.

Hopefully we can get more voting and maps next time?

Sonicandtails218 said:
so if Matt, SRB2Sonicetc.etc., or Senku don't like the distribution here, they should have voted.
I would have, but I only got into a single netgame that was playing the contest maps and I didn't want to base my opinions on just that one game.

Anyways... For the limitation. Use the Space Countdown sector type at least once.
(Space theme, space limitation. Naturally. :P)

Isn't that more of an objective than a limitation? Saying that you can't use springs or other boosters, that would be a limitation. I don't know how it'd pan out in space, but it'd be a limitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back