Silver The Hedgehog [dot pk3]

Uh, i don't know if this is a 2.15 glitch, but when i use silver, your icon, a silver tails, and derpy silver comes up when i run.
Also i cant use any abilities.

Odd. That sounds much like when a wad is edited using a tool like XWE and automatically turns lowercase letters into uppercase letters, making the life icon and such appear in place of many sprites. I haven't been able to replicate this with Silver, however.

As for the character itself, it was refreshing to be able to play as a fully functioning Silver character with neat sprites, and the abilities are a great change of pace to use. Good job.

So while playing around as Silver again, I remembered that there was supposed to be a blue aura that goes over Silver's sprite when he uses his psychokinesis. The one that makes his sprite look all blue when he floats or uses psycho boost.

I know it appears in Software mode, but it doesn't appear in OpenGL, and I thought the devs had fixed that problem in 2.1.15, but I'm not sure.

Silver V whatever.whatever coming soon!

Silver can fly...

MotorRoach was referring to someone mentionning that Silver does not have inverted vertical controls when flying (like planes in most flight simulators)

Either way, I should take the occasion to announce an update coming pretty soon that is gonna add NiGHTS sprites, OpenGL psychokinesis layer fix along with eventual balances, especially in terms of Multiplayer, so I'd like to know what exactly should be nerfed or changed, since I know I don't usually do the best changes on my own and although fun to play as, I've seen lots of people complaining with how unfair Silver is in stuff like Tag (even though I know barely anyone plays that nowadays.)

You should also note that the update can't be released until FSonic gets a Lua fix, since as I stated in its thread, his DashMode Lua overwrites every character's stats to FSonic's, thus making Silver as fast as him and all, and Silver's NiGHTS sprites REQUIRE FSonic to be added. I technically have my own temporary fix, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to distribute it here, so we're gonna have to wait for now.

The thing is that I would like to be nerfed, is when Silver throws you. You should get the chance to recover. Maybe, spin to curl into a ball and then use the primary ability?

You should add a timer, so if Silver grabs someone or fails to grab something (attempts to grab an object or player and fails) he has to wait a while before he can grab again. Or maybe allow the player to break free at some point. Maybe even add a signal or visual for when he tries to grab so players can know if they have an opening or not.

I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but something that I think would benefit Silver would be to make it so that you only grab things that are in front of you instead of being able to grab things from any direction. This would make so that you don't accidentally grab something that you didn't intend to, and in some cases this renders you defenseless against other silver players.

Reading above's suggestions, I did come up with some ideas that will change the way everyone plays Silver. By a lot.

So, to prove I started working on that new update that will change everything but the sprites because fuck you, sir, my sprites are a great headswap of FSonic;

419606srb20130.png

Here's a little screenshot taken in OpenGL...

Call me an ignorant fool but

What exactly are you showing? That it can be played in OpenGL? Because I only play on Software, so I never noticed something was wrong with OpenGL. Sweet to know that you're working on an update though!

To my knowledge, Silver's telekinesis color effect did not function within OGL up until now.

'A bit OP' is a understatement. Try joining a server with everyone playing as Silver in Tag, I was lucky to have survived that one round. Hopefully, L@ could allow us to throw IT players as a option in future updates. (They can throw rings, so why not? It would be a matter of how quick you can press a button/click your mouse.)

lat' only makes high quality gifs

WaterloggedViciousGallowaycow.gif

More serious Silver progress.

However, please note, since Silver's Telekinesis is more demanding than before, it may cause slight framerate issues during netgames. Nothing too bad compared to what earlier builds of this WIP, such as the one in the gif, have given though. (where we could sometimes drop to half FPS on GFZ2 on SINGLEPLAYER.)

WaterloggedViciousGallowaycow.gif

More serious Silver progress.

However, please note, since Silver's Telekinesis is more demanding than before, it may cause slight framerate issues during netgames. Nothing too bad compared to what earlier builds of this WIP, such as the one in the gif, have given though. (where we could sometimes drop to half FPS on GFZ2 on SINGLEPLAYER.)

I'm spamming around.

Seems good keep it up!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back