Secondary and highly unstable Master Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
Well, since I haven't been accomplishing much else with my time, I've decided to host a Secondary Master Server. Unlike Logan I can't host 24/7, and the server will go down regularly, but it's usable for anyone who feels like hosting RP Servers or whatever.

To access it, simply change your Master Server address (Defaults to srb2.servegame.org:28900) to my IP followed by :28900 (75.81.202.180:28900 as of my last edit of this post)

The rules are as follows:

1. First and foremost, no cybering, or whatever you want to call it. I know that this dosen't happen too much in SRB2, but if it does then... I'll do things!

2. I allow the playing in any gametype, including artificial ones, but if you play in a gametype other than SRB2's defaults (Match, CTF, Tag, Race, Coop, and all the variants of each) please specify such in the first few words of the servername, where it can be seen via the ingame listserv, as well as playing in the closest official gametype. (Note that coop is closest to most chatroom/hangout gametypes)

The following is acceptable:
A match game, match mode, Zim's Base Zone, "Draykon's public netgame"
A CTF Game, CTF mode, Isolated Canyon Zone, "Draykon's public netgame"
A Hide and Seek game, Tag mode, Greenflower Zone 2, "Draykon's H&S netgame"
A roleplay server, coop mode, pretty much any level, "OMG ROLEPLAY"

The following is not:
A roleplay server, coop mode, pretty much any level, "Draykon's public netgame"
A chatroom server, match mode, pretty much any level, "Draykon's chatroom"
A diver netgame, race mode, Dive to Your Doom Zone, "Draykon's diver netgame"

So yeah, don't expect this thing to be up 24/7 because you know, it won't. You can use it for whatever, but note that I have no website, and no IRC bot to use listserv. You'll just have to use Join game (Search) to look for netgames. Or if I'm in a good mood I might use the client to get you a personalized listserv.

Hey,
Thats awesome! is there anyway that I can run a master server? because I have a 24/7 server sitting here at home going to waste :roll: so I may as well put it to use and place a master server up for an awesome game like SRB2.
Regards
Cameron

The following is acceptable:
A match game, match mode, Zim's Base Zone, "Draykon's public netgame"
A CTF Game, CTF mode, Isolated Canyon Zone, "Draykon's public netgame"
A Hide and Seek game, Tag mode, Greenflower Zone 2, "Draykon's H&S netgame"
A roleplay server, coop mode, pretty much any level, "OMG ROLEPLAY"

The following is not:
A diver netgame, race mode, Dive to Your Doom Zone, "Draykon's diver netgame
Confused I am.

Draykon said:
The following is not:
A diver netgame, race mode, Dive to Your Doom Zone, "Draykon's diver netgame"

This should help, Shu. I bolded the stuff you shouldn't do in each example.

You have to make Draykon's master server like your default master server...

Instead of srb2.servegame.org:28900, Put in 75.81.202.180:28900

Camac said:
Hey,
Thats awesome! is there anyway that I can run a master server? because I have a 24/7 server sitting here at home going to waste :roll: so I may as well put it to use and place a master server up for an awesome game like SRB2.
Regards
Cameron

Anyone?

Nice, I like the second master server, mostly the fact that the oringinal one doesn't work on mine for a few months now :?

Can you tell me when this master server would most likely be on?

Draykon said:
Now if I upload it we'll see hundreds of n00bs all hosting their own Master Server's x.x

Ok I understand, but the offer is there if you change your mind. And if you do I can send you my e-mail address so no-one else gets it :wink: :P

You wouldn't happen to have a protocol write-up, would you?
I would write it up myself, but it appears that the server and client interact with, at some point, non-ASCII characters. And I usually use mIRC to write up a raw terminal. But mIRC doesn't support, last I checked, non-ASCII text, so this kind of puts me at a dead end.

If you could upload the protocol write-up somewhere, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hikari-Togomei said:
You wouldn't happen to have a protocol write-up, would you?
I would write it up myself, but it appears that the server and client interact with, at some point, non-ASCII characters. And I usually use mIRC to write up a raw terminal. But mIRC doesn't support, last I checked, non-ASCII text, so this kind of puts me at a dead end.

If you could upload the protocol write-up somewhere, it would be greatly appreciated. :)
why yes, it what we like to call: "BINARY data"
if you want to see how the protocol works, look at the source code

FoxBlitzz: Mmm, well, for some reason, mIRC doesn't print the non-ASCII properly, despite having the lastest version on my computer.

Logan_GBA: If it uses binary, I guess that would ruin any chance of getting something human-readable from the server. So, yes, in that case, looking at the source would be the best idea.
'Twas going to be what I was going to do if something like this was the case. I just wanted to make sure first before I dived into the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back