XSRB2 - Something new soon? (old version is vX.01.6a - xsrb2_01_6.zip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyperknux said:
[Software glitches]
Software glitches are practically unavoidable. Hell, both acts of GFZ have 'em, as I'm sure everyone knows at this point. I do my best to minimize them (you should have seen DDZ1 two days ago...) but getting rid of them entirely is an impossibility. Thus, I'm not that concerned about it.

Golf mode is hardly anywhere near done, for the record. I still have tons of stuff left to put in, no doubt.

Also, I know the enemy placement is a bit lax. Enemy placement is where I'm usually worst at when designing things, and it shows. :|

But still, something to consider: DDZ1 was the first SP stage I ever finished. Take that as you will.

One last thing; You guys should really get into netgames with the Recycler on high. Me, Kitsune, and Senku were all in on that last night... That was major fun.

The purple emerald as I heard was ment to be a placeholder for something. Not even I know what that something is.

I think this mod is OK, although the thing I liked most about it was it's Golf mode. It made me want to make Golf mode maps of my own! I was a bit dissapointed when I noticed that all of the Golf mode maps had the same theme. Maybe you could make Golf mode maps with themes other than a Sky theme, like a Red Volcano-themed Golf mode map for instance?

Daybreak Dash Zone act 1 is OK, but it's a bit short. It's not that challenging. There wasn't anything "special" I could find when I explored the stage, except for the blue ring box.

Daybreak Dash Zone act 3 is a bit interesting, although a bit small. The boss was quite challenging to beat.

Monster Iestyn said:
I was a bit dissapointed when I noticed that all of the Golf mode maps had the same theme. Maybe you could make Golf mode maps with themes other than a Sky theme, like a Red Volcano-themed Golf mode map for instance?
That's like saying all the acts in a zone should have a different theme. Not a good idea.

MattW_CFI said:
Monster Iestyn said:
I was a bit dissapointed when I noticed that all of the Golf mode maps had the same theme. Maybe you could make Golf mode maps with themes other than a Sky theme, like a Red Volcano-themed Golf mode map for instance?
That's like saying all the acts in a zone should have a different theme. Not a good idea.

Well may I ask,does your mouse work on your game?
It doesn't input my Right/Left Mouse clicks for controls...?

MattW_CFI said:
Monster Iestyn said:

I was thinking you should have more zones for Golf mode, rather than just Aether Shrine, not making all of Aether Shrine's acts have different themes. =/

Monster Iestyn said:
I was thinking you should have more zones for Golf mode, rather than just Aether Shrine, not making all of Aether Shrine's acts have different themes. =/
Should've said that, then. ;P
Yeah, more levels with different themes are planned in the future.

Autosaver: It's something on your end. I use the mouse + WSAD (can't live without it at this point) and all is well here.

Monster Iestyn said:
MattW_CFI said:
Monster Iestyn said:

Maybe a different Zone each 9 holes? =\

It would have to be incredibly scenic too, as without delicious scenery, it wouldn't be nearly as fun.

Okay, can I make some Golf levels for you? =D
I want to make some good levels for it. Also, maybe some awesome scenery like in Nights, maybe a windmill somewhere.

Edit: After hours of training (and two minutes of figuring out what you're supossed to do -_-) I did it, a Hole in one on Hole 3! =D
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6955/xsrb0000yk2.png
'Tis a bit big, so it's in urls.

Hey, need another mirror? My webspace could always use something useful on it. :V I can't tell you that DCC on my IRC works, however, if you can upload it elsewhere like on mediafire or something I can still provide a mirror, as somewhat pointless as it may be after the initial upload.

Hey, MattW_CFI. Here is a good suggestion that you should think of adding to your mod. (I should play your mod again sometime soon).

Zelda! AKA "Shuffle's old TML"

I am dead serious about this. Since Shuffle scrapped that mod a long time ago, you could take a shot at it and improve it and maybe get it working in netgames too. If you do this, your mod will certainly gain popularity for sure. I would really love you if you could do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back