An SRB2 Builder by any other name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogaland

EDIT: I've decided to reduce matters to a choice between SRB2 Workbench and SRB Level Editor.

In a few weeks' time I hope to be making the first public release of the new map editor for SRB2 I've been working on. Until now it's had the working title "SRB2 Builder", but as people keep reminding me, this is a little too easy to confuse with SRB2 Doom Builder, and so I'd appreciate your suggestions for an alternative name.

The best I've been able to come up with so far is "SRB2 Workbench", so there's plenty room for improvement. The possibility of "SRB(2) Level Editor" has already been raised, but I was looking for something a little less matter-of-fact. I'd also prefer -- but I don't insist -- that "SRB2" appear in the name somewhere, although not excluding the option of hiding it in an acronym (cf. SLADE).

Thanks! :)

Lets try something simple yet effective. Sonic Robo Blast Map Creator.

SSN's was funny.

It's an entirely separate editor, which was something covered in the first post. Reading is beneficial to your health!

Egg Editor. Hey, why not have it be an homage to Eggman? And it sounds to me like SSNTails likes (or at least has watched) AoStH.

And before you make your public release, are you sure it's going to be able to handle maps with over 14000 linedefs and 1400 sectors? Dark Warrior has informed me that this map editor struggles with such maps. SRB2DB does not! :D (But ZenNode does struggle; however, it's miraculously spitting valid nodetrees! o_O) And for anyone who is wondering, I have tweaked it since so that EMZ is barely within the BLOCKMAP limit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back