Names in multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogaland

Greetings to you all.

In FD 1.08, is it possible to display player names onscreen in multiplayer when a character comes in to view, as in Demo 0.435? I quite liked that feature. I've looked throught the console docs, but can't find anything that looks relevant.

Thanks,
Oogaland

I remember you too :D!

I liked that feature myself, but it was removed prior to FD. As far as I know, there's no way to do it ;P

I think it's still there, I just have it commented out in st_stuff.c

... it might work fine, might not work fine. I was having problems with it awhile back so I just decided to forget about it.. not sure if those problems still exist (they might have been linked to other things that ive since fixed).

The reason it was removed was because it worked through walls, right?

I liked the feature too, but it was really abusable, as I'd know. I'd just stand in the center of the stage and look 360 degrees until the name popped up, and run in that direction.

How long has it been since I posted last o_o`

It would be nice to have that implemented, but isn't that why there's all those different colors for the characters?

Of course, there's the possibility you're stubborn like me and just HAVE to have the same color every time....^_^`

We should really have a feature like this: when you're aiming directly at another player display their name somewhere on the screen. Personally I think that would work a lot better than just showing the player name over the sprite.

Thanks

Greetings again.

OK, thanks. I'll take a look. It gives me a good excuse to get my hands dirty with the source anyway. :-)

Thanks,
Oogaland

hotdog003 said:
Speaking of that name feature...
Hide and seek mode! A totally dark level , and everyone has to find eachother! Sweet!

Hmm I tried something like that once, only with DM... no one liked it :/

And to boot, if you put tailspickup off in the console, then you can actually tag people by touching them. Turn off ringslinger as well and tails can be abused like there's no tomorrow.

Edit: Whoops, rouge tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back