• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Srb2EmeraldChaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inazuma

Go on, I dare you!
Sonic Team Junior
Judge
Alright! It's time for a new mod to appear on Srb2! Brawl and I have been working on this mod for a while and decided to put it up on the mb! We like to call it Srb2 Emerald Chaos or SRB2EC.

WHAT THE HECK IS IT?
Well SRB2EC is a mod with about 8 zones with match, ctf, and race stages!

WELL WHATS SO SPECIAL ABOUT THIS MOD?
Custom enemies, bosses and more! =D

SCREENYS PLEASE

OK =P

The ice isn't going to crack is it?

Please don't hurt me robot frogs!

You better not drop me!

HOLD ON HOLD ON! ANY DEV MEMBERS?
Yes. Yes there is. If you would like to be apart of this mod, please contact me by a pm or an email.
Current Dev Members
------------------------
XSpeedGodX
Brawl
Scizor300

There are also custom bosses. :3
Would you like to see one?
Troll said:
Ok then!
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3056/neosilversonic.png

We need some help over here! We need some people to help us finish this!
Criticize please. Need some criticism over here.

I see you D00D64. =P

Last edited:
Most of your problems so far lie in overuse of wall textures, which is a shame because most of the ground-level decor actually looks pleasing to the eye in contrast. Not only that, but in the second screenshot you have platforms that practically blend in with the wall behind it - that could easily have been fixed with some of the overhanging grass you have on the raised ground immediately to the left of it (can't remember the name of that technique exactly) or maybe a texture switch. The third screeny just plain looks ugly altogether and I honestly can't think of a way to critique it.

There's definently potential here though, and I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

srb20005f.png
This is very pretty. I like how you used the cyan gradient for the walls (god, almost 10 years of the same freaking blue walls in winter levels is EXHAUSTING) and blue for the sky, makes a great compromise for a daytime winter level.

This can work, but for the love of god, add some shadows. I can't look at those walls without getting dizzy over the repeated pattern. Also, the waterfall top texture is for the top of the waterfall only. Use the middle waterfall texture the rest of the way. Look at the official levels for an idea.

The third shot is just meh.

Wow, this actually looks very pretty. I especially like the ice stage, but the wall texture repeats too much. That also goes for the second screenshot, and the third one just doesn't look pretty, I dunno why.

XSpeedGodX said:
We need some help over here! We need some people to help us finish this!

I can help, with level design and some custom sprites/textures.

Ah, so the levels I've been seeing on Brawl's Server are really some of the levels of the mod! My opinion, its very good! Slight cracks here and there, but no big deal.
Originally Posted by Ice
I don't like the name, it sounds really unoriginal
Thats another problem, the name isn't that good, but no big deal, once again.

I don't think critiquing the name is as important as critiquing the actual design that is shown in the pictures, but that's just me.

Anyway, I like the first screen shot; the wall texture lends itself well to the feeling of the level. And the Ice Cap background was actually a good choice for a sky. However, don't use the same wall texture for platforms; I don't think I need to explain why.

The second screen looks kind of bland. the custom enemies look cool though, I just hope that they do something specific to them. That wall texture is killing me though...shadows would help that. Either that or put some new wall textures in there.

That third one actually looks really bad. The wall textures look random and ugly and that metallic looking texture actually doesn't blend well with the others. There is just something about that shot that just hurts. You should probably change that entire level.

I see you D00D64. =P

YOU RAAAAAAAAAAAAANG? :3

Anyways, the first level has a colormap error: the water should have the colormap, not the whole sector. It's odd seeing you be bluish in mid air. The level was alright though. but really, the sectors should be ATTACHED to the vertices of the other walls, not just really really close to other walls. The second, from what I could remember, was pretty boring and flat. The enemy is just Robohood minus the shooting: IE, just bunny hop. Simple enough, but I dunno, feels like another easy enemy, like Crawlas. The third was just an excuse to use the glider, IIRC. It was pretty lame, it looked ugly, and didn't do much aside from have gliders and not use them very uniquely anyway.

But out of all the maps, this is the first I remember playing on, so you've probably improved by then, as I've noticed in the ice stage. You still have a bit of ways to go, as evidenced by the unaligned textures and the lack of verticies even connecting the walls to other walls in most areas around the thok barrier and some bugs like the beginning 2D segment in the ice level (I saw a Tails run around there, offtrack even). It's too early to say much about the pack as a whole though, and you didn't even release a public demo yet so I dunno if you improved stages since I saw them last. But anyways, I hope all goes well with the pack.

It's....cool. But what is that thok barrier like darkbob1713 said in the third screenshot. GFZ??????. Oh and by the way this:

Is too BLUE!!!!!!! Try changing the textures
srb20005f.png

The ice stage in the first screenshot caught my attention the moment I looked at this thread. It looks amazing, good job. The creator obviously knows how to create levels, some of the textures and other decorations seem to be very well thought out, but in other parts there definitely needs some work (Shining Hill Zone and that third screenshot come to mind instantly).

This mod looks promising, and I hope that it turns out well. =) This is the first time a SRB2 mod has caught my eye in quite a while.

If you could make the shining hill textures a little less bright(but still bright, don't go as dark as GFZ), it be a huge improvement. That ice level though, wow, I really want that. now. seriously. beta of just that level.

Where's all the hype from the snow Zone coming from?
It lacks texture variation, and the picture hardly shows us anything.

Where's all the hype from the snow Zone coming from?
It lacks texture variation, and the picture hardly shows us anything.
The light blue sky coupled with the cyan walls looks really pretty, and much better than the repetitive nighttime xmas crap we've been getting for the past 10 years. The only other level that has pulled those visuals off is, to my recollection, that one CTF map in the official rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back