This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
It's not letting me log into the issue tracker with my Github account (yes, it has a Github login option) saying my account was blocked by the Gitlab administrator. I don't think anyone banned me, as I've never been on this Gitlab server before. I tried creating a regular account and now it's telling me my username and email are already taken; despite this, when I try to do a password reset, I don't get an email, not even in my spam.

Anyway, the issue I'm experiencing is this:

FxjvgXc.png

I tried removing the spaces around the '=' signs in all the config files (replacing " = " with "=") and it still gives me the same results. Note that I am using Wine to run it, so that might be the cause, but given this is apparently the only SRB2 level editor in active development, it really ought to run on Linux. (Not to imply any of the devs are at all obligated to support it, of course.)

It's not letting me log into the issue tracker with my Github account (yes, it has a Github login option) saying my account was blocked by the Gitlab administrator. I don't think anyone banned me, as I've never been on this Gitlab server before. I tried creating a regular account and now it's telling me my username and email are already taken; despite this, when I try to do a password reset, I don't get an email, not even in my spam.
Not sure about your ZB issue, but I do know that this is a known issue. Unfortunately, I don't know how (or even if) the issue can be solved.

From what I have read on Discord and the wiki, the eventual goal is to eventually switch the entire SRB2 configuration to UDMF (Universal Doom Mapping Format) so as to allow people to just use Ultimate Doom Editor for level building instead (which will open up modding for Linux users). There are daily commits being made (that works toward this) on GitLab.

every time i launch the program (i've updated it to work with 2.2, this appeared in my first launch and every launch afterwards) this error pops up the moment it loads in, and then the program crashes.

7cf915b54b.png

have i messed something up? it used to launch perfectly fine when i used it in 2.1

EDIT: this occurs every single time, even on fresh installs, with or without the 2.2 CFG file. i have met all the system requirements and have gone out of my way to triple-check that i do.

Last edited:
Zone builder seems to ignore casing when loading ressources, which causes sprites with many frames to end up having frames such as A1 and a1 being treated as the same thing. This wouldn't pose much of a problem on its own, however ZB will also refuse to load a ressource that contains "duplicate" lumps which is a bit silly in itself. Would it be possible to have the ressource load in spite of this to avoid having to make separate files or otherwise unecessary changes?

Seconding the above, this is a pretty bad bug. It's impossible to work around in any efficient way, and is really confusing to people who don't already know why it's bugging out.

Errors

I installed zone builder, put in the 2.2 configurations, and did all of the steps so I can start making levels. However, every time I click “new map”, fill out the stuff, and click ok, a whole list of errors pops up, and it says “Error in builder”. Do you know whats going on?

Continuing from my previous post;

When I run it with Windows 98 compatibility mode, it opens setup for a split second then exits itself.

Stupidest replies

Would this work with
Sonic Robo Blast Haloween (Sonic Robo Blast II) and/or
Sonic Robo Blast 2 Demos 1 and/or 2

Huh. You had the purple admin user title yesterday. Guess some stuff went down.

Real shame it's getting discontinued. I thought the reason there weren't any new versions in a while was because you were waiting for UDMF.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back