SRB2 Wiki editing is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good idea to me, I'll prepare the pages as user pages first once the wiki is reopened.

Umm...Wiki is down. I suspect something good is happening. :D

(Or my guess is wrong D: )

Another update on Wiki status

It WILL be a mess when it opens up. In fact, I'm going to go so far as to say that you should not rely on it for most editing purposes. When I open it up, I would like to request that all regular wiki editors help pitch in and get accurate information on everything on the Things, Sectors, and Linedefs lists. That will be the biggest priority come opening. If those are fixed up, then all the other tutorials that need correcting and referencing will be MUCH easier to fix. I guarantee it.

So, expect a mess, and don't take everything the pages say as exactly how anything works. Much of the material is undocumented.

Quick Question, May I add badnick history to the specific badnik pages or would it be best to put such info on to my wiki user page?

I really don't know. I can't give a good answer right now, simply because I have the entirety of the Wiki to worry about. Badnik history would be very low on my list of concerns.

In that case, I'll just hold a copy on my personal pages until the real change can be made.

Ok, 'nother update.

Seems the Wiki will be a little less messy than previously anticipated. Don't get me wrong, a lot of information will still be bad, but it's getting to a point where you can at least navigate it and not walk into something that doesn't forewarn you that the information is off. And the old stuff has been almost entirely purged, except for one or two things. I've restructured the modifications system a bit, so things are less crowded as far as namespaces go.

Basically, Wiki is a lot easier to edit now.

Yes.

And I've actually set up a new way for the Wiki to handle modifications and SRB2 history, so the answer to your previous question about enemies is something of a yes, although you'll have to follow a standard that you're really not familiar with yet. I'll explain when it's re-opened, but it's really not a difficult thing to work with.

i cant wait till it opens. i really cant understand how the custom powers works. 4 hours for nothing.

I hope there's some nice editing info on there, I'm having trouble figuring out colormaps for water at the moment.

Sorry guys, it's going to be down a bit longer than a week. My laptop's power cable gave out on me, and I won't be able to get a new one until next week. In the meantime, I'll be doing work on my desktop machine, but do bear in mind that I share this machine with 8 other people, meaning that I won't get QUITE what I had for time on my laptop.

And no, there won't be editing info. All the work right now is focused on cleanup. Originally, I was just going to work on the linedef, thing, and sector data, but then I started poking around in other sections a bit and saw that if I didn't get in a thorough cleanup job, the Wiki would take a ridiculously long time to even get close to fixed. So the simple solution is to keep it down a little while in the short-term, and have it much more accurate later in the long-run.

And just in case anyone was wondering if I'm just procrastinating or being lazy, well here. I'll give you a copy/paste of the Recent Changes log.
http://paste.srb2.org/view/593

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back