Interface and Accessibility Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more i see
The more i get hyped to play this update
It seems so polished and awesome, i simply love these design choices
It's just unfortunate that there's no release date, but i'm waiting excited to play it.

Good job for all the devs working at this update
This update will change the way how we see SRB2 and how we can play it
Hope it still comes at the end of this year, or the beggining of the 2018.

2.2 is unlikely to come out at the end of this year, not least because Christmas will get in the way as usual. =P That, and we still need a 2.1.20 to come out to fix that mouse problem more and more people are getting recently, particularly thanks to that Windows 10 Fall Update IIRC.

2.2 is unlikely to come out at the end of this year, not least because Christmas will get in the way as usual. =P That, and we still need a 2.1.20 to come out to fix that mouse problem more and more people are getting recently, particularly thanks to that Windows 10 Fall Update IIRC.

The fact that there's even the slightest possibility that 2.2 could come at the end of the year makes me thrilled—it means the update is way further along than I feared.

Still doesn't mean it's guaranteed to happen. Last I heard, Arid Canyon act 2 still isn't finished.

The more i see
The more i get hyped to play this update
It seems so polished and awesome, i simply love these design choices
It's just unfortunate that there's no release date, but i'm waiting excited to play it.

Good job for all the devs working at this update
This update will change the way how we see SRB2 and how we can play it
Hope it still comes at the end of this year, or the beggining of the 2018.
I can definitely agree with that statement.
I mean, look at DSZ at 2.2.
dsza.png

The thought of a DOOM based game barely having anything resembling Doom makes me flabbergasted.

God dang it MI, don't leave wiggle room in your statements!

2.2 will not come out in 2017. When we finally get a release date we can commit to, you'll almost certainly find out about a month in advance. 2.1's release announcement was 2 weeks before (look it up in SRB2 Discussion), and knowing how things in the team are now that was probably too close to call. Please stop asking/guessing about release.

To paraphrase a guy who wrote a thing, the end of development won't sneak up on anybody.

EDIT: post 69, nice

Last edited:
Actually, since ACZ2 has been largely my responsibility (nobody else takes it when I ask them to ;_;), here's some public disclosure on it and only it:

Aside from slopes causing an unexpectedly aggressive desire to remake half the game, including the unfinished ACZ2 (which needed some design choices revisited anyway), I've had motivational issues working on it lately due to some inter-community issues that I will try not to compound on to avoid antagonizing the people involved. I've chipped away at it a bit, and we have a target date that we want to try to finish it by (I'm not saying when because our schedule slips all the time). But there are a lot of minor things that need polished on it that I don't have the time to do, and there are some plans for the level that take extra energy to try to fit in. That level in particular has been fairly hush-hush mostly because half of it isn't in a state to show off, and the other half usually ends up being heavily modified right after we talk about showing it off.

You know I was just thinking why isn't there a Roadmap page that lists all planned features for a specific future version, which you developers can re-visit each time you have new stuff you plan to add for some version and put marks for stuff that's done, guests may also have a look at this page and check what's done and what's left to be done before the next version hits.

Currently closest thing we got to this is the "In development" SRB2Wiki article, but that one doesn't tell what is finished and what's not, many software and video game developers have that kind of trackers so I was just curious why doesn't SRB2 have one, it might even give people a reason to not ask for release dates or ask about planned changes.

Expectations often lead to entitlement on the internet. I absolutely understand why devs wouldn't want their progress to be public.

Well, it's even simpler than that. We DO have a tracker. It's private. We want some things to be a surprise. I think 2.1 would have been less fun for many people if they saw a progress tracker talking about how Metal Sonic's race was complete.

dsza.png

The thought of a DOOM based game barely having anything resembling Doom makes me flabbergasted.
(eyes start to bleed rainbows)
HOLY CRAP
Deep Sea Zone actually looks more...Deep and Sea-y

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Also, may I ask:
What was the original purpose of that unused piece of road at the start of ACZ?
Was it meant to be like a transitional thing that fell through?
https://tcrf.net/Sonic_Robo_Blast_2#Arid_Canyon.27s_Hidden_Road

dsza.png

Doesn't just look like a hidden temple in the sea depths anymore. Nice.

This update is actually starting to make me realize how unpolished and incomplete SRB2 2.1 feels like. I'm currently hoping that there's more alternate routes instead of the usual 2 or 4 in an act.

wuhappen to that DSZ Slope underwater Slide GIF Nev3r uploaded long ago in some other 2.2 thread, can't find it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back