• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

cfCIan4.png

Collision Chaos Past skybox.

Early attempts at texture changes. I spotted the jungle texture in the texture list and thought that might work.

What do you think?
srb20008-2.png

It's a start, but I would recommend finding a new texture to use on the large walls that form the level boundaries so the layout of the stage is easier to read at a glance. Having them use a different texture from the other textures around them make it easier for the player to see where platforms start and end, etc.

2n6xkbs.jpg
I would just like to put this here, I'm wondering if I did a good job. If anyone has some pointers on what to do to make this better in any way, I'll gladly accept criticism and try to put it in, I would just like to mention this was done with a mouse in Paint.

a simple test for a new beginning... a prequel to the walls of the void, reenacting the story of Sonic Pocket Adventure, leading up to the Walls of The Void.

an md2 I randomly made one day when bored, and when finished animating will possibly be released:

its Jasper the Fox.

K6JCktw.png

Sandstone-ish geometric rock textures. Will probably make single-color variations (brown/yellow/orange) at some point.

I've been working on getting my feet wet in Lua by scripting a drivable crane. I don't have any graphics for it because I'm lazy, but the functionality is mostly there. Once I get the camera working nice automatically I'm probably gonna use it in a level concept I've been tossing around for a little bit.

FortunateSnarlingEastsiberianlaika.gif

I've been working on getting my feet wet in Lua by scripting a drivable crane. I don't have any graphics for it because I'm lazy, but the functionality is mostly there. Once I get the camera working nice automatically I'm probably gonna use it in a level concept I've been tossing around for a little bit.

FortunateSnarlingEastsiberianlaika.gif

Crane? More like gravity gun :o very nice

NxvXis3.png

My poor attempt at emulating SRB2's sprite style. I feel like I overshaded this thing.

The placeholder is for the badnik's spiky cranium.

(And yes, this is for a project. A mostly-secret one...for now.)

Tails Walker.wad,.lua, and .md2, along with new Sonic jam.md2, and .wad:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZN4nIoyGA&feature=youtu.be

(Note, the Sonic jam map was a test, the second test I had taken on that map [excluding tests on DB], I knew there would be errors or problems on the map, such as camera being too high, empty spaces, and the most obvious, big red wall of doom, with small red line of doom near the water/skybox.)

Did I made the Tails Walker.wad recently? The answer is no. I've had this wad since the very beginning of my time on SRB2. And now I am thinking about upgrading it to 2.1 with better sprites and graphics (because as you saw in the character select screen, and life icon, it looks like poop.)

Edit:Here is a video showing the map from DB:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss3jrQarFh0&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Tails Walker.wad,.lua, and .md2, along with new Sonic jam.md2, and .wad:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZN4nIoyGA&feature=youtu.be

(Note, the Sonic jam map was a test, the second test I had taken on that map [excluding tests on DB], I knew there would be errors or problems on the map, such as camera being too high, empty spaces, and the most obvious, big red wall of doom, with small red line of doom near the water/skybox.)

Did I made the Tails Walker.wad recently? The answer is no. I've had this wad since the very beginning of my time on SRB2. And now I am thinking about upgrading it to 2.1 with better sprites and graphics (because as you saw in the character select screen, and life icon, it looks like poop.)

Edit:Here is a video showing the map from DB:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss3jrQarFh0&feature=youtu.be

Still no way to fix the spin and thok models?
Damn...

Still no way to fix the spin and thok models?
Damn...

I tried to fix it once, but failed, and will try to find a solution, but currently, nothing. I do however have an idea, which might fix it through the power Lua.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Texture alignments needed :o. Thats my biggest hatred in maps. No proper texture alignment. This is especially so with 2.1 maps. Its a simple button in DB people, simply press A!

Texture alignments needed :o. Thats my biggest hatred in maps. No proper texture alignment. This is especially so with 2.1 maps. Its a simple button in DB people, simply press A!

That's the sad part. The background is, and the foreground looks worse when it is. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That's the sad part. The background is, and the foreground looks worse when it is. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

In those kind of situations I manually align the textures. Anything to make it not look ugly.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

This map...and my score... ITS OVAR 9,000!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back