View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011   #7
darkbob1713
I hate this username :(

Will be updating this post as I play through the maps.

Single Player
Sparkling Icecap by Thompson - 8/10
As much as I love the tons and tons of effort you put into everything, I really didn't like this map for one reason. At many points in the level I felt lost and confused. For example, I pushed a gargoyle onto a button and it suddenly flew upwards. I then fell off of of it and was lost searching for a way back up until I found out that the button comes back down if I stand back next to it. I had to just give up once I got to the rising lava (which made zero sense coming out of an icicle, by the way.)

EDIT: So, I just finished playing the map again and the second path (taking the bridge at the start of the map) changed my opinion about the stage. The second path was more focused on platforming and it had some really awesome freezing affects and "cutscenes" that made the level more exiting and fun. Also, on that second run of the map I was able to get past the snowflake room. My advice to you would be to have a way for players that take the spring to the 1up to get back on the right path instead of jumping in the lava.

Frozen Hillside Zone Act 1 by Blade - 6/10
This was a good level, but there wasn't much about it that was interesting besides the custom enemies. The music was also a bit annoying.

Flower Cave Zone by Miles Knuckle Power - 2/10
First of all, the custom enemies weren't really needed. The music was very unfitting, the level was very small, and it used the most annoying game type srb2 has to offer.

Greenflower Sunset Zone by Fawfulfan - 7/10
I know people might think it's odd to give this level a higher score than Blade's and Thompson's, but it was really nice to play a simple level with good gameplay that didn't make me lost or have lots of nice graphics and whatnot to cover up the level design. Great job.

Waterway Ruin Zone Act 1 by Chrome - 8/10
Another great level. I liked the scenery and all of the different gameplay mechanics you added like the platforms that rose through the glass tubes. However, in some areas of the level I found missing textures and those stupid ACZ pulley walls.

Stronghold Forest Zone Act 1 by KO.T.E - 8/10
Wow, you did the impossible: Make a crawla worth something other than extra points. :P The only thing I can think of that I didn't like were the bouncy platforms having no sound.

Jadeflower Zone Act 3 by blahblahbal - 3/10

White Mountain Zone by Kuba11 - 3/10
<SirCoat> what does that have to do with you hangouting
<SirCoat> ...
<Streakster The Fox> um this is a hangout

Last edited by darkbob1713; 07-01-2011 at 03:16 AM.