How do I make oversized textures fit inside 1-Up monitors?

When making a character, I was looking at the sizes of Junio Sonic's sprites and copied the size of his life icon on the 1-Up monitor. I made a sprite with the same size of Junio Sonic's life icon. When I tested it in-game it didn't work as intended. It was too big for it to fit withing the box and stretched outside it.

Zs5py99.png

p4rX2kd.png

(They're both 35x31)
Any advice?

Junio Sonic uses the "SF_HIRES" skin flag to enable the "highresscale" skin option, allowing Junio Sonic to use sprites that are extra big and then scaled down by the game, for extra detail.

If you're not interested in making an "extra high resolution" character, you may want to base your custom character on one of the vanilla characters instead. The vanilla cast can be found in the "player.dta" file in SRB2's installation.

This post is actually interesting, i think i will try that just to see how it works. Thats a really good question right there.

Yea I think movie night had that problem for a long time before Junio started becomeing popular (Well he already was but he wasnt in 2.2 for a long time) since it was putting sprites un the hud on a single scale, so junio was an absolute giant.

Junio Sonic uses the "SF_HIRES" skin flag to enable the "highresscale" skin option, allowing Junio Sonic to use sprites that are extra big and then scaled down by the game, for extra detail.

Yo, thanks for answering. I've resized it down now. I might use this info for a different character in the future, though.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back