This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
We've got Legacy Sonic and Tails, now it's Rosy's time to shine!

Alright, we've got a pretty big update. I have introduced the "Cyclone Drill", based on the one from 2.1. If you press Spin while in the air, you will activate the Cyclone Drill, sending you down at an incredible speed.
I've nerfed it, so that you can't chain them. It was fun, but somewhat overpowered. I have also removed the ability to use the Whirlwind Shield after using the Hammer Jump.
I've also edited the character description to mention only new abilities.

Attachments

• srb20624.jpg
    srb20624.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 2,903
  • srb20052.gif
    srb20052.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 3,299
  • VCL_LegacyRosy-v1.2.zip
    201.7 KB · Views: 4,535
  • VL_AmyTweaks-v1.2.lua
    6.8 KB · Views: 2,386
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe we had Amy all along thanks to Chrispy's Rosy. He's even a developer now. Which in a way, I guess makes this old version of Rosy have the same kind of historical significance to this game as other older version characters like SSN Sonic. Wild.

I can't believe we had Amy all along thanks to Chrispy's Rosy. He's even a developer now. Which in a way, I guess makes this old version of Rosy have the same kind of historical significance to this game as other older version characters like SSN Sonic. Wild.
This was actually used during development of 2.2 up until MotorRoach and Vadapega made new sprites, so it's technically a true legacy Rosy.

So this is what despair looks like... raw, unhindered darkness...

Do you think god stays in heaven because he too is a legacy character?

I love this! I was trying out your Hammer Jump lua and I really enjoyed how it expanded her movement and how natural it felt (maybe because I played lots of Sonic Adventure). The latter also applies to being able to hammer spin multiple times in the air. But the extended-reach hammer bash has plenty of uses of its own as well. And thanks to this, I can switch between the two without having to keep rebooting the game!

The only complaint I have is... 2.2's Pink color doesn't look good on her. At all. She should have been given the Rosy color. And after all, it would only be appropiate.

shoot i need to delete this message i didn't read carefully enough to the reply above and said something that's not true

So when will hammerjump be given to 2.2 Amy in vanilla? :P

I mean.... yeah. That ability alone would make Amy's playstyle feel so much better, not really sure why it was removed. Because it'd be too complicated? Because it'd be too much like SA?

I don't know, but it's kinda unfortunate. Every character, including and especially Sonic, has a "cross far distance" action, but Amy really doesn't, unless she's hitting a spring. Giving her hammer jump would fix that and just *feel satisfying.*

I dunno. One of the worse desicions in 2.2 to be quite honest, because Amy with hammer jump would make her the coolest character in the entire game, and it'd fit lol.

Either way, while I'm probably not gonna play this wad much since there's already a hammer jump LUA out there *for Amy,* glad we have these bits of character archival. Cute to see the old stuff stick out with the new, 2.2 coat of polish, haha.

Though hmmmm maybe we're gonna want a sub-category in Characters for "ports" / "legacy characters" since that's becoming a really popular option, and can maybe drown out new/different characters :x Its not that these wads are bad/low effort, but the sheer number of them might just cause some noise ya know

I can understand the removal. She's simpler to understand this way, plus "get speed and you can bounce really high!" would be encroaching on Fang's territory. I'd say getting rid of it was a good call, it really helps Amy feel like her own distinct character.

And we have Rosy here and the Hammer Jump script for anyone who wants the hammer jump back so basically everybody wins.

I honestly expected her Cyclone Drill to make Rosy jump higher on springs, similar to her regular hammer attacks, but honestly I'm super glad that wasn't the case.

I feel as though a move like the Cyclone Drill should be relegated to bouncing on badniks alone, it just adds to the difficulty of a move since it's already hard to pull off as it is.

All in all, sweet update!

Thanks for these; was really used to a lot of Amy's moveset from the v2.1 mod and these two were missing. Threw off a lot of my fun strategies. I appreciate the separate lua too so I can attach it to current Amy if I want to.

Now that that's settled, I was hoping Cream and Cheese can be putted in for 2.2 as well. They look cute when She eats her Ice Cream, and don't forget, the Transformation sprites for her are missing. Are you uploading it?

God, seeing Cream back in 2.2 would be amazing. I would honestly do it myself if I knew anything about lua coding, but I'm still learning the basics right now.

Now that that's settled, I was hoping Cream and Cheese can be putted in for 2.2 as well. They look cute when She eats her Ice Cream, and don't forget, the Transformation sprites for her are missing. Are you uploading it?
God, seeing Cream back in 2.2 would be amazing. I would honestly do it myself if I knew anything about lua coding, but I'm still learning the basics right now.
Cream and Cheese are completely functional, I just don't have permission to release it yet. I've posted a few builds on the Discord server. Made a few additions, but that's for another thread.

Cream and Cheese are completely functional, I just don't have permission to release it yet. I've posted a few builds on the Discord server. Made a few additions, but that's for another thread.

Huh. Thanks for letting me know, I don't usually check the Discord server all that often as I'm not always a big fan of huge Discord servers, I prefer staying in my dark corner of a small server.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back