Lunch Base Zone (mt_lunchbase.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaS3K

NEVAR FORGET
I aplogize to the moderators. The reason I didn't submit this level is because I didn't get any really definitive feedback over the weapon placement(which is why I put it in Editing in the first place). Anyway, here is the copypasted description for said thread:

Here it is, my first level. I made this because I wanted to make something different, and because Ezer.Arch is bored. It's a picnic-themed level designed with one thing in mind... INSANITY. It's quite small, so expect a mad dash to get all the emeralds(oh, and they're aren't many rings around, to keep the Attraction Shield from being too godly).

Host, rate and comment pl0x.

EDIT: Updated to use MAP97 instead of MAP96 due to Frost Columns. Expect a major update in the future.

Attachments

• mt_lunchbase.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:
I'm sorry, but this level still sucks.
This time I'm gonna review with images, because of two reasons:
-I can show what's wrong, along with my commentary.
-You didn't add screens, so I did.

First of all, the music choice is pretty bad. Tunes 45 is better in my opinion, and that's also Green Hill Zone music.

Now for the screenshots:
euo412.jpg

Next time, choose a flat that matches with the textures. Also, the colormap is too weak, and that DSZ flat looks out of place. Plus, it's too cramped.

25i4q54.jpg

Ow, this hurts my eyes pretty badly. The floor texture is ridiculously ugly, and the sandwich looks weird. You also need to improve your item placement, they're haphazardly placed over this ugly flat.

33vdwkh.jpg

God, this hurts my eyes even more. This colormap is too bright, and again the floor texture doesn't match with the walls. You should also lower the bottom height of the water block so that the water flat doesn't display on the floor. Also...

24bjabl.jpg

...that colormap doesn't fit with the color of this water flat. That thing where that liquid comes out from also looks out of place, and the THZ flowers don't fit at all.

4llff5.jpg

What are these capsules doing here? And why is there nothing in this room except for egg capsules, a 10 ring box and two weapon panels? The weapons should be placed further from each other, make some new rooms to put one of them in.

2s984cy.jpg

What is this supposed to resemble? This room is also extremely bland, and fix those two ammo rings that spawn at the same spot.

2qx52mg.jpg

Again, two weapon panels too close to each other. The death pit looks ugly without half light blocks (they're kind of required now, look at some official SRB2 maps in DB/WB), and the floor I'm standing on lacks grass edges.

14o88w9.jpg

You should use this flat for the other liquid, that'd look way better. Also, the diagonal yellow springs in this room send you over the sandwiches unless you hold backwards, which should not be that way.

Lastly, this map is ridiculously square and generic, and it seems that it can't decide on a good theme, and it's extremely bland, boring and cramped.

Overall, it has improved since last time, but it still is a horrible map:
A 1 out of 5 from me.

EDIT:
Version said:
Pre-D00D64 Release 2
What...?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but this level still sucks.

Go on.

First of all, the music choice is pretty bad. Tunes 45 is better in my opinion, and that's also Green Hill Zone music.

Really? I thought that the off-beat MIDI fitted the chaotic action I was after.

Now for the screenshots:
euo412.jpg

Next time, choose a flat that matches with the textures. Also, the colormap is too weak, and that DSZ flat looks out of place. Plus, it's too cramped.

Oops. Forgot to fix that.

25i4q54.jpg

Ow, this hurts my eyes pretty badly. The floor texture is ridiculously ugly, and the sandwich looks weird. You also need to improve your item placement, they're haphazardly placed over this ugly flat.

Sorry, but that's as good a sandwich as I can make. You do have a point about the items, but the picnic flat stays.

33vdwkh.jpg

God, this hurts my eyes even more. This colormap is too bright, and again the floor texture doesn't match with the walls. You should also lower the bottom height of the water block so that the water flat doesn't display on the floor.

Well, I would make it orange, but you would just say it's even uglier.
And I must've messed up the water flat during final error removal.

24bjabl.jpg

That colormap doesn't fit with the color of this water flat. That thing where that liquid comes out from also looks out of place, and the THZ flowers don't fit at all.

Again, when(if) I change the colormap I'll recolor THZ slime as TrueTenguMan suggested.
*flowers removed*

4llff5.jpg

What are these capsules doing here? And why is there nothing in this room except for egg capsules, a 10 ring box and two weapon panels? The weapons should be placed further from each other, make some new rooms to put one of them in.

If you can find something better to put there, then feel free to share.

2s984cy.jpg

What is this supposed to resemble? This room is also extremely bland, and fix those two ammo rings that spawn at the same spot.

A Twinkie, actually. *ammo rings fixed*

2qx52mg.jpg

Again, two weapon panels too close to each other. The death pit looks ugly without half light blocks (they're kind of required now, look at some official SRB2 maps in DB/WB), and the floor I'm standing on lacks grass edges.

I'll make sure to add some more polish.

14o88w9.jpg

You should use this flat for the other liquid, that'd look way better. Also, the diagonal yellow springs in this room send you over the sandwiches unless you hold backwards, which should not be that way.

Lastly, this map is ridiculously square and generic, and it seems that it can't decide on a good theme, and it's extremely bland, boring and cramped.

Overall, it has improved since last time, but it still is a horrible map:
A 1 out of 5 from me.

In hindsight, I have to agree with you. *hides in corner*

I just played it, and it isn't as bad Sphere made it sound.

I felt like I was playing a single player level. Get rid of those small walls, and that platform area. And maybe get rid of the walls to make it easier to get to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back