Could SRB2 2.2 be fit for SAGE 2020?

So2ro

The Engineer
Since SAGE 2020 is just around the corner, i bet some people are wondering if SRB2 as it stands right now, would be fit for a SAGE re-release. For context, SAGE stands for Sonic Amateur Game Expo, its an online event where people can showcase their current game projects, its mostly fangame sonic stuff. So im making this thread to talk about the possibility of including SRB2 into SAGE and what problems might arrive from doing so.

To start off, i completely agree in having a SAGE re-release of 2.2, as in, make a new 2.2 trailer thats representative of how it currently looks, however what bothers me is that the game is so high quality that it might overshadow the other fangames.

I know it falls on the devs to decide that, but its nice to see what other people think about it.

The last time STJr submitted SRB2 to SAGE was for v2.0. I don't see any reason why not to enter, honestly.

(It'd be nice if SRB2.org were updated to look like something not from 2003. Or at least replace the ancient screenshots. If that were done in time for SAGE it'd be perfect.)

I personally think that SAGE is mostly about romhacks and small fangame in their prototype phase.

SRB2 is a famous enough and doesn't need to be there to be more known.

Not to say that this fangame would steal the spotlight of other fangames but I just prefer to see smaller game get some recognition as well
(like how I support when indie fighting game are shown at EVO rather than the bigger one like Smash)

I'd love to see SRB2 at SAGE this year. 2.2 is enough of a game-changer that it deserves to be shown off again to people who may have stopped following the game or haven't seen it yet.

Even cancelled mod are allowed to get in? It's nice from them.

Cancelled? Ohoho, no; SRB1 is getting an official update, endorsed by Sonikku himself. A demo of verson 1.4 will be present in this year's SAGE.

I mean, is there any reason not to? It could be an interesting and fun way to show just how far the game has come.

Honestly, SRB2 could fit for this year's SAGE and SHC (sonic hacking contest). Maybe they could do some sort of special version, or maybe even a simple re-release. Maybe 2.2.5 or a later version could be released in time for SAGE? Besides, there is that oficial SRB1 update coming, so they could do something to coincide with that.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back