Online won't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willstolife

On my Laptop when I enter multiplayer, & tried to change from offline to standard, the game loads then freezes. Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm no expert on the workings of SRB2's online mode, but maybe you need to allow SRB2 access to the Internet? I've had several computers since finding SRB2, and every single one originally blocked it with Windows Firewall. Have you tried getting a friend and connecting directly to his server?

Window firewall? I did not try it yet. Well.. All I know is that I went to join game, tried to change it to standard & thats when It load soooo long, that I have to log off from my labtop & do it again. Still no luck. :(

If you haven't checked it yet, go to your Firewall settings and add SRB2 as an exception. It usually asked me on it's own if I wanted to block or unblock SRB2, but your firewall might not be checking with you.

Its worked. ^^ TY very much Jelly! ^^ But I'm afraid I have another problem. When I join a game, Its saids "Loading game state" & its still loading. Second problem is that when I join a game & download a mod, it just stops & the server with timeout. Last when I'm In a game the lags end the connection.

I think everyone might have this problem. Is it or its just me?

Those are issues with SRB2 or the individual server itself. Unfortunately I've seen this in every listed game except one I had today. Even if relatively lagless there were random crashes in it, though.

I guess you could just hope future patches fixes these or one day the net code is improved. Right now you have to get lucky and find a good server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back