What community did you become a member on for the first time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashtheman14

Not this moron again...
Now this can range from fileshare websites, things like habbo hotel or forums like these...hell,you could even post about your online accounts on XBOX360, PS3 etc. As for me I joined habbo hotel first. But I got fed up of scams for free prizes on games like falling furni. Do not wanna see THEM again...

Last edited:
My older brother made a Runescape account that we shared when I was little, but he banned it a year into the game. A couple years ago I rejoined it though.

What was the first forum I joined? Transformers. It was a promotion forum for the new Transformers movie.

I think the first community I joined was Roblox... wow.
Roblox/habbo lameness high five- oh and since autosaver posted the first forum he'd been to I suppose it's only fair that I turn in as well :) it was the now-gone wadbase forums (no hard feelings to anybody managing the forums or those who used it)

My first forum was VGMusic, and it was basically where I learned forum etiquette, and how forums even work.
I still frequent that forum, even though not much goes on there. When something does go on, though, it's usually pretty good!

From there, I joined Smashboards, when I got into Brawl hacking, and was quite active there, with lots of plans, and a few things to show for it. I quit after I realized that for the amount of time it took to make something for Brawl, it really wasn't much worth it.

Somewhere in there, I joined YoungComposers, and proceeded to search for my place there, but I got sick of the many grumpy moderators there who have nothing better to do than complain about newbs and Christians. Every day. I'm not joking.

Then, I joined here, after playing a bit of Tortured Planet. I didn't plan on getting very involved in the community, or ever designing anything for it, but I guess I ended up doing all that anyway! :p

Same with me, this is the first forum I've ever been a part of. And it's the only one I'm still a part of. Perhaps it's because of the general absence of trolling and mindless posting (at least for the most part) that makes this place so likeable.

Neopets?

In terms of message boards probably Serebii.net back when I was a noob at the internet. That's how i learned to not be noob before I ended up coming here many years ago.

Also

From there, I joined Smashboards, when I got into Brawl hacking, and was quite active there, with lots of plans, and a few things to show for it. I quit after I realized that for the amount of time it took to make something for Brawl, it really wasn't much worth it.
Woo I do brawl hacks too

RuneScape. For YEARS.

Then NaturalMotion Forums, an official forum for NaturaMotion products, like Endorphin (which has a free Learning Edition), Euphoria (used in games like GTA 4), and other software.

I still go there, but not very frequently, because of the general attitude the veteran users have towards newer users.

I do go to one other forum, but I keep that private. And no, it isn't some "Glorious Pony-related forum".

Anyone remember the Nickelodeon Online Trading Cards game? Yep. My first online community was Nickelodeon. I got bored with that stuff (this was around in 3rd grade) and a couple of years later, I would go onto a short one month subscription of Toon Town for a limited time. Afterwards, I joined a forum that same year. It had the worst loading times and it would take about a day for new posts to pop up on the topics, but I was so enthralled with writing my fan fiction and ran around the place with my incredibly silly nickname.

Take a guess at what my first forum was.

The 3D Ultra Minigolf Deluxe online game lobby, at age 11. I think. Or 10.

I got trolled so hard there.

Last edited:
More than three years ago, when I was 11, I joined this indie game forum at hamumu.com or something.
Everyone was really friendly there, mostly because the games were sort of aimed at kids, so it was shocking for me to see that other communities weren't nearly as nice back then... :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back