Horizontal Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuja

I know I'm likely opening up a can of worms here, but I heard that someone had successfully created horizontal springs in the past. I was wondering how I would SOC this to do it myself.

I believe you take a diagonal spring's SOC information and set Speed to 0. Then you create new Spawnstates and Painstates so that you have the correct sprites.

Thanks Sonicmaster, I'll give it a try and let you know how it worked out.

EDIT:Worked out fine. Thanks a lot.

Yeah, I saw the horizontal springs topic in an extremely ancient page of Editing. Predictably, the links don't work <:(

If you ever want to adjust how far the player is propeled horizontally, you edit Damage.

They've been made before in a WAD, but it was a looooooooong time ago. Sadly, it was long before I even HEARD of SRB2, and the link is dead, as I said in my last post here.

I hope someone makes a new set of horizontal springs. I can't because I'm involved in a lot of other projects right now, and anyway I'm no good at soccing.

I could try and make something like that. I can SOC them fine, but my spriting skills are poor. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained…

EDIT: That is, unless someone else wishes to do the spriting part. It would probably be a better quality than mine.

Or, even better, if someone finds where to get the horizontal springs wad, please tell me so I don’t have to do unecessary work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back