Streets Of Rage Remake V5 out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting
All hail our glorious Sega overlords. Clearly, we're much too simple to comprehend their vast intelligence for such a wise decision. :V

Last edited:
I am pleased with what I am seeing. It's faithful to the visuals of the first two Streets of Rage titles, the gameplay is incredibly faithful to the entire series' run from what I'm seeing, the notion of new content alongside all content from all three games makes my mouth water....

I quite frankly need this game. Downloading as soon as I get to a non-school computer.

obvious response to sega requesting the game not being distributed is to link to the game

amirite

i mean it's not like sega has their REASONS for any of this shit

Well, considering its 3 games plus the Game Gear content Locked-on together for the price of NONE, I can see the motive for this.

Well, considering its 3 games plus the Game Gear content Locked-on together for the price of NONE, I can see the motive for this.

Yes, of course. Who am I, to dare question the decision of such a wise, benevolent company, who has offered us so much in return?

Last edited:
...Seriously, this whole C&D thing is stupid, and I don't get why we're supposed to be listening to it in the first place.
Because we're LEGALLY REQUIRED TO. SEGA owns the trademark to their franchises, and while they don't often enforce it (SRB2 is a perfect example of that), when they ask, we are all required to obey or we're breaking the law. If SEGA came over here and gave us a C&D, we have absolutely no legal ground to continue working on SRB2 as a Sonic game, because they own the rights to Sonic, not us. It would be theoretically possible to replace the characters and other art aspects we didn't make ourselves to something original and continue as something else (not that this would happen in SRB2's case, but you COULD), but from what I understand SORR is mostly using the original work that SEGA did, so they probably are unable to do so.

Everyone takes this seriously because if they don't take it seriously SEGA has every legal right to sue them and would clearly win if it was taken to court. Fangames always have lied in a legal grey area as unenforced trademark violations, and if the original owner of the content doesn't like it, it's trivial for them to shut it down because the authors of fangames are generally quite aware of this.

Yes, Mystic, but of all of the franchises to go and fuck with they pick on the one that hasn't had a new installment for almost two decades...?... Whilst a new Sonic fangame is made and released frequently yet they never give a damn?

Law or not, this seems to be the catch for Sonic Generations. All the other Sonic games were bogged with terrible gimmicks or had not the effort they should have had.... This time, Sega goes and pulls the plug so late in the development of an awesome project that's NOT Sonic related.

Your sprite work argument has hardly a leg when almost EVERY Sonic fangame borrows spritework consistently either for character sprites or bases for character sprites. Again, they never pull the plug on Sonic fangames (Unless Sega secretly C&D'ed Fan Remix), but NO ONE can touch one of their older, less famous franchises and do it justice. That's just ILLEGAL.

I mean... Way to leave an incredibly sour taste in my mouth. That's a way to remind me who we're dealing with.

Yes, Mystic, but of all of the franchises to go and fuck with they pick on the one that hasn't had a new installment for almost two decades...?... Whilst a new Sonic fangame is made and released frequently yet they never give a damn?

Virtual Console/Live Arcade/PS Network. And the fact that there are so many hacks of pretty much every genesis Sonic title, and several remakes of Sonic 1, I guess they just gave up on them.

also 1,400 get

Law or not, this seems to be the catch for Sonic Generations. All the other Sonic games were bogged with terrible gimmicks or had not the effort they should have had.... This time, Sega goes and pulls the plug so late in the development of an awesome project that's NOT Sonic related.
So, I have to ask the question. How the FUCK does ANY of this have to do with Sonic Generations? The legal team at SEGA doing something you disagree with has absolutely nothing to do with a trailer that shows absolutely no gameplay footage for a game you know absolutely nothing about, made by people who have absolutely nothing to do with the legal team. Yes, I used "absolutely" in that sentence FOUR times. On PURPOSE.

If you dislike something, it's okay to be angry, and I understand that, but it's REALLY important not to correlate completely unrelated things. Just like the decline of pirates has nothing to do with global warming, this shutdown has nothing to do with SEGA's actual game development. Keep the shitstorm over the new Sonic game in its OWN thread for the love of god.

So, I have to ask the question. How the FUCK does ANY of this have to do with Sonic Generations? The legal team at SEGA doing something you disagree with has absolutely nothing to do with a trailer that shows absolutely no gameplay footage for a game you know absolutely nothing about, made by people who have absolutely nothing to do with the legal team. Yes, I used "absolutely" in that sentence FOUR times. On PURPOSE.

If you dislike something, it's okay to be angry, and I understand that, but it's REALLY important not to correlate completely unrelated things. Just like the decline of pirates has nothing to do with global warming, this shutdown has nothing to do with SEGA's actual game development. Keep the shitstorm over the new Sonic game in its OWN thread for the love of god.

Can we just shut this topic down? Not like there's any point to it being up here anymore, anyway.

Why? Maybe people want to discuss the C&D? There's no other topic for that, and this topic is as good a place as any. Sure doesn't help that you blanked all your posts for no apparent reason so they can't read what happened in here previously, but I don't feel like forcing you to revert your text, as it just isn't that important in this situation.

Well, that is just silly. Just because SEGA shot the game down doesn't mean that you can't google the name, download it and discuss it here. =/

The gore is completely unnecessary, IMO. I prefer to think of this series as a game where you beat an entire crime syndicate senseless, less one where you eviscerate and mutilate them. Thank goodness for the switch that turns it off.

The Streets of Rage 2 path is fairly faithful, and considering that's one of my favorite games, that works well enough for me. Kind of a shame you can't go through the good ending SoR3 path, as weird as putting Mr. X's brain into a jar was. (Which then begs the question - if Mr. X was a brain in a jar, who the hell's watching the heroes in the bad ending...?)

I always preferred this approach, myself:

Our heroes find the X Syndicate is rising once again! They proceed to beat everyone to a bloody pulp, as always, making their way to the new head honcho... but what's this? It's Mr. X, back from the grave?

"No way!" Axel's frustration is palpable! "You were a brain in a giant container - and we saw you
die!"

Mr. X laughs at his foe's naivete. "You really thought that brain was telling the truth? He was one of my many underlings! Besides, I'm not so weak that I'd have to resort to lobotomy to survive! Your beat-down didn't make me weaker at all - in fact, I'm stronger than
ever!" With this, he leaps out of his chair and proceeds to beat the everloving crap out of our heroes...

So, before I put this up, I'd just like to let you all know that Prime_2 and ShadowHog said it'd be OK if I put this up here. I just want to make that clear right now.

So, after about... what, two years, I think it was? They've finally released an update for this game. Mostly bugfixes and difficulty rebalancing, but still, it NEEDED it.

Edit: Or not. I do repeat that I DID ask first.

Last edited:
And I did authorize it. However, I've since asked him to pull it, based on Mystic's actions above.

In retrospect, I should've checked this thread before giving the OK. This is a lapse in my judgment, not Bobinator's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back