Eggman's Jetpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephen

My PhD is made out of foam.
Judge
For the first time ever, we can play as the FATTEST THING ALIVE without his mech!
Eggman runs at Sonic's speed (To mirror the original games) and can fly with his back-equipped Jetpack. The Jetpack uses the Hold fly ability (Credits to Wolfy for making it). You can also change Eggman's shirt color!
Go ahead. Go betray your robots as this Fat, Weird-Moustache, Egg-shaped MAN! and you might get a cookie

Eggman%20Jetpack.gif

Enjoy my first WAD release!

EDIT: Fixed the 1UP icon's offsets to 8, 11 (Thanks SonicX8000)

Attachments

• srb20049.jpg
    srb20049.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2,266
  • srb20045.jpg
    srb20045.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 3,516
  • EggPack.rar
    41.9 KB · Views: 6,075
Last edited:
Some of the sprites in this wad are slight edits of Neo Chaotikal's 2.0 Eggman.Wad so you might wanna ask him for permission to use those. To note a few... the character select picture and the rope hang sprites.

You may want to use a different SkinName since it'll conflict with Katmint's Eggman.wad.

A minor thing, the 1up icon for eggman is a bit off center but that can be fixed if you move the offsets up by one pixel.

If you got permission and fixed the above. This should be A-OK to go.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay. Welcome to releases. Minor thing, the 1up icon still isn't centered correctly but it is within the borders. If you update just set the offsets to 8, 11 and it'll be centered correctly.

Last edited:
This isn't half bad. What I'd say is that you try and work on Eggman's body more, still looks too much like 1.09.4 Eggman. And slapping 2.0 Eggman's face on that doesn't really help it, in fact it only makes it more awkard looking. But it feels nice in game, so yeah.

"My" sprites which are nigh-direct rips from the 2.0 IWAD. Which is what I explained both to him and SonicX8000 who separately bugged me through PMs: I had zero authorship when it comes to the original WAD's sprites, all credit goes to InstantSonic. Yet for some reason I'm referenced more times in this topic than basically every other thread on these forums, when I had zero influence on the production of this WAD.

Just bugs me, is all.

Why is the holdfly script in here? It's literally useless, the S_SKIN already has CA2_MULTIABILITY set which will make the fly function as holdfly without the script.

Last edited:
Basically, your CA2_MULTIABILITY setting in the S_SKIN is all you need for holdfly. You could delete the script lump right now and nothing would change.

The purpose of the holdfly script is for a character to have holdfly and spindash. It does this by setting multiability while in the air and spindash while on the ground. The script would make Eggpack able to spindash despite you apparently intending otherwise. However, it actually doesn't work at all because you have it set to apply to the Eggman skin name, but your character's skin name is Eggpack.

Last edited:
This made my day, on foot Eggman has always amused me after all.

Although I think that his diagonally facing away from the player sprites are a bit too wide, the way his belly extends makes him look an oval rather than the circular shape classic Eggman is based on.

Hey, This doesn't mirror the games. Eggman is faster than Sonic!
Ok, in all seriousness, this is an awesome wad! I really had a lot of fun.

Actually a lot of fun. But Eggy needs to be slowed down by A LOT HOLY CRAP. He's basically uncontrollable with speed shoes on. If you're gonna give him any speed, I'd say make him "hover" during the run, or flying half-superman (i.e. 45ish degrees) with his jetpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back