the "Help Offered" section

I wanted to make this thread awhile back but knew it'd be shut down by Mystic. This might still be stupid but freedom has won the day so here we go.

I notice that sometimes people just need encouragement, support, and organization. They're not difficult to give to another person, but sometimes they are very difficult tasks if one is working in isolation. Maybe. Maybe not.

I feel there's a willingness to help the project succeed in whatever way one can contribute. I don't know if there's any other way for people who are skilled in one area of game development, but not an entire one-person-team unto themselves, to meet and potentially collaborate. Ideally, new teams / partnerships could be formed from this. Somebody who is a good background artist might be clumsy in coding. If nothing else, maybe it's just a chance to introduce yourself in a different kind of way than the "introduce yourself" thread or "suggestions" thread.

Simple template.

What I Can Offer:

What I Cannot:

And an example in my response:

What I Can Offer: Play-testing; encouragement; analysis; organizing workflow; facilitating communication toward shared goals; writing; producing; social media; ideation; creative problem solving; flexibility; adaptability!

What I Cannot: Program or illustrate/model/etc. Utterly useless in the primary skillsets needed for game development. Not your man in that regard. But to the degree of helping to break down tasks, think through and refine ideas, or otherwise assist the team/individual artist's work in whatever way possible, I'm the cat for that.

Reading this really warmed my heart. Well done on potentially bringing together skilled people for a variety of different projects.

Is this strictly for SRB2 modding or can you get help for projects beyond this?

I mean, I think this thread should be primarily focused on SRB2 stuff, but there's nothing stopping you from saying what you can offer to people on other projects, and getting together with them.

I do think that should be at least somewhat private tho, just to not get this thread full of unrelated stuff.

Here's my bit of "help offered":

What I Can Offer:
-I can do low-poly modeling with textures.
-I know a little bit of programming, and have been messing around with Lua.
-I can do translations I guess? spanish is my native language so if anyone needs some sort of translation from/to spanish I can help with that.
-I know a bit of pixel art myself, I'll edit my post with some examples later.
-I've done a bit of animations too, altough not that many.

Examples:
QrBaE2D.png

OBBvynu.png

TZmMl8P.png

CPGBK2S.png

xGIFL7N.gif

AIARcSV.gif

SlBGnby.png

AKd5Omv.png

gDpEcuO.png

What I Cannot:
Major programming skills, I can read and understand it, but coding is not my forte.

Last edited:
Is this strictly for SRB2 modding or can you get help for projects beyond this?

Up to you. My hope is that somebody with a project (ie, a SRB2 thing ideally) is able to find a collaborator help.

For example if any of my skills listed are helpful to anyone, I welcome any PMs! Happy to help the right project... especially SRB2!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back