Bouncy (dot lua!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fickleheart

ms reflec beat stan
Bounce Sonic around like a basketball, boing boing! Modifications to the player's normalspeed have also been made so your horizontal speed capabilities match your vertical ones.

Attachments

• srb20075.gif
    srb20075.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,001
  • srb20090.gif
    srb20090.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 888
  • srb20072.gif
    srb20072.gif
    843.3 KB · Views: 909
  • bouncy.lua
    647 bytes · Views: 820
SRB2: Bouncy Edition! NOTE: We are not responsible if this bounciness manages to get you killed.

I guess those Badniks (and Eggman) will be defeated easier now.

May I suggest holding spin lower your bounce significantly after each bounce, rather than tediously timing your downward falls? It should eventually lower it to a point where you can stand totally still, of course moving again would cause bouncing.

The second idea I had was basket ball sfx.

This script is really, really fun to play with. The only thing I can really suggest is that you set a button (maybe spin) that slows down your bounces.

I first tested this Lua on my Sonic Spinball level, but then I saw how much 2.1 changed most of the stuff on there and barely made it playable :P.

I then tested this Lua normally on GreenFlower Zone, and I must say, this is strange. It would help if there would be an easier way to get higher, instead of hoping to find a piece of water to bounce high off of. But I like it. Its a good example for a humor.Lua.

It would help if there would be an easier way to get higher,

There is. Press Jump to slam yourself to the ground; which gives you a little extra bounce. If you only use it at the height of your bounces, you can reach very high relatively quickly.

Oh god this. I remember testing it in your CTF server and it gave me a small headache afterward (so I guess my advice to you all is to not use it in first person)

That being said, it's great fun in a sort of masochistic way. I love it.

Wow Red! This is a really clever concept. Though it admittedly is a little silly and gimmicky to use in any normal 3D levels, I can see it having some real potential in levels specifically made for it. I felt like it would have been a lot of fun in the SRB1 Remake (and to have fun in that would be pretty incredible), but unfortunately I haven't unlocked it to try it in yet. 2D mode in general seems like it might get the most out of this.

You should try making a map specifically for this, where the player has to navigate hoops and targets to make it through a carnival game-like level.

ZanySafeBarbet.gif

As you can see, I decided to have some fun and see just how fast I could go. Switching from high positive speeds to low negative speeds was not unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back