This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Twins'R'Okay

Mid-tier Pixel Artist
So, CGA Man originally started out as a semi-shitpost-y character that was submitted to C4 2019 and eventually released alongside everything else at C4.

His original goal was to be something different and new, but due to terrible stylistic and design-centric choices, he didn't score high on the C4 charts and was a generally annoying character as well.

I was planning an update to rectify these terrible choices sometime until SuperJustinBros did it for me, which got me so motivated, I decided to make an alternate version of CGA Man (Now called VGA Man) and package him alongside the currently updated CGA Man.

Now, without further ado...

kart0047.png

C:\Users\ledal\Documents\Games\SRB2\srb2kart.exe\kart0047.png

CGA Man
Speed = 4
Weight = 5

A relic of the early DOS era, CGA Man is (probably) the first SRB2Kart character to feature a different style. One day, in a random obscure DOS game (or sum shit), he managed to hear about a Kart racing game that has room for characters; Excited, he hopped from floppy disk to floppy disk to make it to the game. Unfortunately, he could not breach his 1BPP limitations, so he reformatted himself to not only fit into the game, but to also change his color as well.

He has some very average stats that slighty lean into the acceleration side of things, making him ideal for beginners.

kart0048.png

VGA Man
Speed = 5
Weight = 5

This is what happens if CGA Man manages to break his limitations and fit in to the SRB2 palette with F U L L C O L O R. Thanks to his breaking of said limitations, he seems a lot more confident and energetic now, despite the fact he may have lost his voice...

Exact same stats as Knuckles, well rounded, also ideal for beginners

Attachments

• kart0047.png
    kart0047.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 377
  • kart0047.png
    kart0047.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 379
  • kart0048.png
    kart0048.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 351
  • kart0120.gif
    kart0120.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 268
  • kart0120.gif
    kart0120.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 293
  • kart0123.gif
    kart0123.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 268
  • kart0123.gif
    kart0123.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 225
  • KC_CGAnVGA_v1.pk3
    288.5 KB · Views: 326
Welcome to releases! Though, if the intention was for VGA Man to be silent, do note he currently uses Sonic's voice, as I assume those are just what the game loads by default. You'll need to make his voice play some silent sound instead.

Welcome to releases! Though, if the intention was for VGA Man to be silent, do note he currently uses Sonic's voice, as I assume those are just what the game loads by default. You'll need to make his voice play some silent sound instead.

If I may make a suggestion, why not DOS related sounds for the voice clips?
That's if any do exist

or just make the game lag every time a PWM sample of CGA man saying "lets GO" is played

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back