This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Zippy_Zolton

jet jaw sounds
[SIZE=+2]"You don't wanna be in the way when my laser goes off."[/SIZE]

The surprise-factor boss that debuted in the lovely 24hSRB2 and caught the eye of many. I wanted to make a standalone release of this, and that was the original intent, so here you go, tweaked from the first time it was shown off. But, I plan on completely remaking the boss... Eventually...

This boss is made entirely in SOC. The only Lua in this mod is used for compatibility with Modern Sonic's footsteps on the custom textures, sound effect captions, and the egg capsule (for now).

It's loosely based off of the memorable boss from the Toy Story game for the SNES, Genesis, and PC. Said boss was also based off of a scene that was cut from the movie.

The stage comes with two versions of the song, one from the PC version and the other from the Genesis. To listen to the Genesis version, turn off Digital Music or use the tunes console command.

He behaves like a traditional boss, with 8 health and a pinch phase that triggers when he's at 3 health. His normal attack is firing a laser just like the Egg Mobile, and then "teleports" away. If you hit him, he will also teleport. In the pinch phase, he will summon Unidus spike balls, use a Vile Attack, then teleport. When he has one health, he will spout out a different voice line, do a Vile Attack, then perform laser spam at the ceiling. Oh yeah, did I mention he won't ever shut up?
Boss

• Removed the plagued issue of Buzz's invincibility frames, as results were inconsistent and were not beginner friendly.
  • i swear i did something else but i can't remember it rn :/
Map

• Doubled the height of the boxes so tall characters like Fang aren't screwed over
  • Raised brightness
  • i have added a new map for you to enjoy :)
  • Compressed digital music to make the file size smaller
  • Added a new panic phase, that triggers on one health
  • Attempted to fix the laser behavior (I think it's hardcoded, sadly)
  • Added sound captions for those who use them.
  • Removed "midi" music option
  • Sounds now have sexy doom format compression
  • Renamed cutscene textures to something more distinct
  • a bit of cleanup

Credit to troopsushi for the custom textures, styled after SRB2 and using a Toy Story (Genesis) savestate as reference.

Supporters/Co-Authors:

Attachments

• srb20040.gif
    srb20040.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 1,726
  • srb20042.gif
    srb20042.gif
    5 MB · Views: 847
  • srb20043.gif
    srb20043.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 510
  • srb20044.gif
    srb20044.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 680
  • SL_NightmareBuzz-v1.2.1.pk3
    4.4 MB · Views: 746
Last edited by a moderator:
You don't want to be in the way when my laser goes off.

I'm sure most people already aired their grievances on the 24h thread, but I'd like to mention a few things anyways:

1) He DESPERATELY needs a way to lose his invulnerability other than crashing into a wall and rolling the dice. It's just not fun to wait 30 seconds because you positioned yourself improperly, due to...

2) Having both of his projectile attacks essentially be the same thing. The Eggmobile laser is hitscan at close range, and completely unavoidable, which is NOT how the actual Eggmobile works. It follows more along the lines of the Archvile attack, with the same dodging method, except with even less of a warning. Giving this attack its own unique properties goes a long way. Maybe make him rotate a bit while shooting? Maybe spawn sparks where the fire lands? I dunno, your call.

I have a laser! And I will use it. You don't want to be in the way when my laser goes off. I have a laser! And I will use it. You don't want to be in the way when my laser goes off. I have a laser! And I will use it. You don't want to be in the way when my laser goes off. I have a laser! And I will use it. You don't want to be in the way when my laser goes off.

But seriously, this boss is alright, but it could do with some tweaks to make it more easier on the player like Zipper said.

He DESPERATELY needs a way to lose his invulnerability other than crashing into a wall and rolling the dice.

This This This Thiiiiiiis

I thought he was just somewhat buggy but apparently becoming invincible forever is actually intentional?? Why!?

Sorry for the question but why I don't have this level? I mean I just wanted to play in the singleplayer mode without level select so I played in this mode and when I play this mode, game gived me a Greenflower Zone Act 1

And also, sorry for not be grammar

Why did pixar remove this from the movie? We will never know...
Maybe because it would've felt out of place? Or maybe because Buzz isn't the "villain" of the movie. Or simply because Toys don't sleep.

Anyway he's genuinely scary in this game.

I should get to remaking this boss after I finish another certain one... Oh well, did a bit of cleanup in this v1.2.1 release.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back