Banana - My first character returns! (Banana.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizor300

a man denied his homeland
LONG AGO, IN THE LAND OF 1.09.4, THERE WAS A BOY NAMED SCIZOR300, HE LOOKED UNTO SKYNINJA'S BANANA, AND WAS DISPLEASED. THUS, WITH HIS TRUSTY COMPANION, MSPAINT, HE MADE HIS OWN BANANA, TRYING TO STRAY AWAY FROM THE JOKE...

...And this little guy returns today.

Banana - The 2.0 Edition
This took about 3 days of work, but it's finished. I loved this little gem from 1.09.4 for being the first decent character I released. I've noticed that I could not find the 1.09.4 version since Fawfulfan cleaned out his 4Shared for 2.0's release.

So I decided to remake him and release him, brand new.

Changes and Improvements
- Finished all of the frames, so there is no dissappearing frames if you play the game on a normal run.
- The same 8 sprites were used (3 Body angles, hand and foot, and the 3 face angles.), but with added shading, and other small things.
- None of that "Dissappearing Boredom" glitching in 1.09.4 here! (First boredom frame used to dissappear.)
- And some other small things!

NOW FOR SOME SCREENSHOTS!
srb20003.png

srb20006c.png

srb20007.png

srb20008.png

srb20009.png

The color change also happens to work pretty well. (Lavender <3)

And now for the download. No mirror at the moment, though.

Suggestions, Comments?

Attachments

• BananaV1.rar
    22 KB · Views: 2,286
I honestly question the need for such a character WAD, but it's acceptable, I guess. I mean, if Greeman wasn't trashed...

Why.

WHY.

WHY.

So what, we don't accept recolors (except Senku for some reason), yet the PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME BANANA IS TOTALLY OKAY? You actually SUPPORT this meme? You ACTUALLY THINK that this could be considered ACCEPTABLE? Are your standards really this low? I know that judges will accept anything that had some effort put into it, bu a line has to be drawn somewhere. What's to stop Rickroll.wad? Or Longcat.wad? Or Dancing_Baby.wad? Is this what the forums HONESTLY counts as WORTHY of RELEASES? Why do we have a quality control system if something like THIS can get through?

D00D64, isn't the quality of the sprites what matters? Sure, this is based on some awful meme, but at least he made a halfway decent character out of it. I assure that wouldn't be possible with rickroll.wad.

And I don't see how a fancharacter is any less awful then a meme WAD.

Why.

WHY.

WHY.

So what, we don't accept recolors (except Senku for some reason), yet the PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME BANANA IS TOTALLY OKAY? You actually SUPPORT this meme? You ACTUALLY THINK that this could be considered ACCEPTABLE? Are your standards really this low? I know that judges will accept anything that had some effort put into it, bu a line has to be drawn somewhere. What's to stop Rickroll.wad? Or Longcat.wad? Or Dancing_Baby.wad? Is this what the forums HONESTLY counts as WORTHY of RELEASES? Why do we have a quality control system if something like THIS can get through?

We can understand anger without need of 70% of caps.

D00D64, isn't the quality of the sprites what matters? Sure, this is based on some awful meme, but at least he made a halfway decent character out of it.

And I don't see how a fancharacter is any less awful then a meme WAD.

So what, all that matters is that it looks nice, and regardless of what it's about, it's accepted? It doesn't even look good, everything is blocky and obviously resized, and it looks like anyone could have done it with enough patience.

And I don't even KNOW how Greeman got accepted.

So what, all that matters is that it looks nice, and regardless of what it's about, it's accepted?
Uhm sorry, but are you serious? With a character WAD that doesn't have a custom ability, of course all that matters is that it looks nice. This should be common sense, really.

It doesn't even look good, everything is blocky and obviously resized, and it looks like anyone could have done it with enough patience.
It doesn't need to look good to get through submissions, it just needs to look not terrible.

And I don't even KNOW how Greeman got accepted.
Yet, it was accepted, and I'm only abiding by the standards that were set before me.

Uhm sorry, but are you serious? With a character WAD that doesn't have a custom ability, of course all that matters is that it looks nice. This should be common sense, really.

So what, if I make Sonic's design, make him red, give him a scarf, sport goggles, and new gloves, then custom sprite him from scratch, he's accepted? Despite being an obvious recolor?

So what, if I make Sonic's design, make him red, give him a scarf, sport goggles, and new gloves, then custom sprite him from scratch, he's accepted? Despite being an obvious recolor?
If you custom sprite him from scratch, he's not a recolor.

If the purpose of the judges is to see if a WAD is not irredeemable crap, then this character is not crap. Granted, the only concern I could think of is that it's memetastic and it might encourage idiocy. But is that really a fair reason to not approve a WAD? Such a WAD has to be irredeemable crap too, IMO.

It doesn't have custom sound effects relating to the meme or stuff like that, so I think it's not too memetastic. It's basically just a banana.

The submissions isn't to get rid of the stupid wads, it's to get rid of the effortless ones. This obviously has had work put into it, as it appears to be custom. Therefore it is accepted. It's not like a sonic edited to have pants with no shading, it's an actual character that took work to make.

This time, I actually agree with you.
A lot of char wads aren't accepted. I can't say why this one was.

It's ok, really. I'm just saying other ones can be good too. They aren't always accepted though.

Well, at least it offers difference from the usual "Sonic" character style here. I mean, so far, this and Greeman are the only wads that are in the releases that AREN'T a Sonic character.

Ok, I'll make a apple that have arms,legs and eyes, and it'll can WALK,JUMP AND SPINDASH, A GREAT ABILITY!!! So, I'll put into the submissions and the judges will accept. If this character meant to be fun, so, Scizor300, try again with other character.Anyway, this banana isn't SOOOOO BAAD at all. =P

My apple will be called "apple man". =P Just a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back