What do you think of the Soap shoes?

Idk what to put bruh

Are you my life? cuz i hate ya.
What is your opinion on the soap shoes, the shoes Sonic wears in adventure 2?
Personally i like them, they have this modern and cool style that makes them unique, using original sonic shoes prime color: red, white and yellow.
Even tho, they aren't flawless, with their biggest issue to me: the design complexity. Hear me out: im not against Sonic designs trying to do their own thing, i actually like that! But honestly, they are really complex when put with Sonic, which is known to have a simple yet recognizable design. With first: these lines, like why? it overcomplicate the design for no reason, and also these weird soles...so...complex...GHuhh IM CONFUSED GRAHHH- And that little black stuff, which we could have passed of in my opinion. And the other one: the shape, like it's less a problem but sonic normal shoes have this simple triangulare shape that changed a bit with modern but still simple, while the soap shoes have this weird blocky hot dog looking shape.

Anyways that was my opinion: really cool looking but with an overcomplicated design which dosen't fit for a charachter such as Sonic.
But it be interesting to hear your opinion.

Last edited:
i honestly kinda despise the soap shoes, it's useless because sonic can railgrind without it now, and the design looks too complex (like you said)

Personally, i LOVE the soap shoes, actually my favorite pairs of the Sonic Nike- i mean Sonic Shoe Collection, the Soap Shoes are indeed different no doubt about that, but thats the charm for me. I like how the shoes depict "difference" (for me anyway) the way it keeps the iconic design and still adding minor changes, that differ the entire thing from the rest. 10/10 (it was the early 2000's anyway, so there was words like "rad" and "TOTALLY BOADACIOUS" and it was w i l d

Last edited:
I think Sega and Sonic Team should just give the player an option on what shoes they would want to wear. On topic, I do indeed think Soap Shoes are the best, but I think it won't really work with some designs, they are:
1) classic
2) og sa1
3) 06

I think Sega and Sonic Team should just give the player an option on what shoes they would want to wear. On topic, I do indeed think Soap Shoes are the best, but I think it would really work with some designs, they are:
1) Soap Shoes
2) SADX Light Speed Shoes
3) Riders
i fixed your list

Last edited:
On second thought, if they used Sonic Man's shoes (a variation of soap shoes) for 06 designr they would look cool.

I did some drawingd of the soap shoes, one being the normal one, one being a simplified version, one without the lining and a redesign idea. Should i show em?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back