What do you all think of Whisper the wolf?

Grigri

I like to make maps, not that good at it though
i really like her personally, i may even be getting a plush for her on my birthday but im noo 100% sure about that lmao.

anyway i really like her design and her character, its interesting to read about and her backstory is also one that has me interested in it.

Conceptually, Whisper is great. I love the idea of a soft spoken mercenary who's friends with Wisps, and the drama between her and Mimic has a lot of great storytelling potential. Should she be added to the games, she makes for a perfect character to be the "Wisp" character without them cluttering up the rest of the game with unneeded mechanics, and going by her popular SRB2 moveset she could also make for a great collectathon platformer spinoff protagonist. There's a lot of great untapped potential here.

In execution, I have been feeling for a bit now that the whole deal with her has been a bit mishandled. I understand that this is a series about a cartoon blue hedgehog who runs fast and eats chili dogs, but the series has proven to be able to handle serious storylines and they work very well, and yet with Whisper it seems like recently her storyline is getting treated as a background gag at worst and a contrived "We're going to trust the random new guy we barely know anything about over our long time trusted companions" type storyline at best. The way that Whisper and Silver get reprimanded for simply reporting what they've seen with their own eyes leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth narratively, as I find it hard to believe that would ever happen given the relationship between the characters.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back