Idk what to put bruh

Are you my life? cuz i hate ya.
Sonic Rivals is a sonic game released for the Playstation portable AKA PSP in 2006, it was a 2D racing game where you had to reach the goal before your oppenent. There was 4 charachter plus a bonus one unlockable after finishing all the four campaings: Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow and Silver, and the unlockable one being metal sonic, who had his dreamcast design btw. The story of the game is quite simple: Eggman, who's revealed to be eggman nega, starts to turn every person and object into cards, who are the main collectibles of the game, tho they arent' that important, and it's up to our 4 heroes to stop him ! The level design was also simple: platform and objects and also objects like thos ringy things, that when you entered in showed you a button to press, if you press the X button, it propulse you upward, but if you press O it push you forward. The levels also had a their proper miscelenous. It also had several objects to trap your oppenent like fire or ice trap or projectiles depending on your position on the race, and also a star item that gives what makes the charachters unique, their signature moves: for sonic it was a simple boost, for knuckles a punch on the floor that knocked down the oppenent for a while, for shadow it was a chaos control who slows time, for silver: a move that makes the oppenent tottaly lost control and do random actions, and for metal sonic he copycat the move of his enemy. Like sonic games , it plays in two acts and a boss. For the boss, you had to get the 8( or more i don't remember) hits before your oppenent.

One year later: the game had a sequel named: sonic rivals 2, this sequel featured lots of new addons, the most important: giving each charachters a partner with who they shares their campaign, this gave 8 charachters. Sonic with obviously tails, knuckles with rouge, shadow with metal sonic (ok why not), and silver with espio (ok this dosen't make any sense). These new charachters also had signature moves, which here was obtaining by filling a bar with rings: tails could fly, rouge throw a projectile who follows the oppenent, metal sonic same as 1, and espio turns invisible. Another addon this sequel gives is between act 1 and 2: there is a battle mod with two types, the first one where you have to win 3 round by attacking you enemy when they have no ring, and a capture the flag one where you had to capture the oppenent chao to have they and yours in your base. Story wise: eggman who actually is eggman nega again, plan to release a creature called Ifrit, which is literally just Iblis, heck the zone where it appears literraly is crisis city.

In both games you got: suits, by completing objectives, you'l get suits for you charachter. and the cards that you also collect by completing objectives, not alot to say, if your or wanna be a sonic nerd, then i guess this is ur luckt day?

I was playing these games during my childhood and even if today i can say they are fine, i just wanted to see if people wanted to talk about this little series.
Please let me know if i wasn't correct or forgot smth, it would be helpeful.

I remember playing the Duology a while back on PPSSPP, and it was a nice time! The stages in R1 were quite long, though, and I think the stories of both are pretty simple.
Still, it is a fun duology to spend your time on, especially for such a great handheld.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back