• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sol Sestancia 2 playtesting.

Still time for feedback, I'm currently making the boss stage, so the levels will get another comb-trough before release. Tell me what's unfair and I'll see if I can do something about it.
So, here's what I think considering difficulty:
-Escape Robotropolis, I found it particularly hard for character's like sonic, who lack vertical movement. I think a simple fix might be adding more time to the timer just to give more chance for those kind of characters for the precise platforming. If not, maybe a change to those areas themselves by adding more platforms to jump to.

-secret train, the first time playing the trains will for sure catch you since they're rather fast and start pretty abruptly. some sort of indicator that there's a train chasing you could be a good addition. I believe you did something similar to another farm level where a cutscene plays of a bull starting to chase you.

Any preference where or what?
So I actually have two separate ideas:
The first idea is essentially my sona in one of two scenarios: either trying to blend in with large crowds, or off in an area the player isn't meant to be in (only to then promptly call the player out on their shenanigans). Once place that comes to mind for the latter area is right after the 2D section in "Vs Orbot and Cubot", where you can run back behind the 2D section after regaining your 3D control.
1713631288735.png

The other idea consists of my two characters, Frank and Dummie, just having a picnic within any completely random location that you wanna go with. This could range from a completely secret area from one of the maps, a peaceful location in a hub-based level, or just smackdab right in the middle of chaos for comedic effect.
1713634008425.png

Feel free to go with either idea if you want.
I can help provide the sprites as well, unless if you want the characters to be more in-lined with your artstyle instead. In which case, here's some extra ref images in case if you wanna take a crack at sketching them.

Attachments

• ref_sheet_of_sona_2023.png
    ref_sheet_of_sona_2023.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Dummie 2022 reference sheet.png
    Dummie 2022 reference sheet.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 39
  • FrankRefSheet_2024.png
    FrankRefSheet_2024.png
    211 KB · Views: 41
-secret train, the first time playing the trains will for sure catch you since they're rather fast and start pretty abruptly. some sort of indicator that there's a train chasing you could be a good addition. I believe you did something similar to another farm level where a cutscene plays of a bull starting to chase you.
That's why the level starts with a train coming from the side with a loud toot, to warn you there's riding trains.
When there's a second toot and now you're on the rails, well... Not to mention there's boosters at the start that send you toward the train, which also gives a visual indication of what's happening.

I suppose I could add a quick camera shot too, but I don't want to interfere with the gameplay flow too much.

But more time in escape, alright.

So I actually have two separate ideas:

I can help provide the sprites as well, unless if you want the characters to be more in-lined with your artstyle instead. In which case, here's some extra ref images in case if you wanna take a crack at sketching them.
Yeah, fun idea. I'll do it.
Technically Big the cat's already the hiding all the time character, but why not more?
Uh, you can do the sprites yourself if you want, fine with me, there's more guest artist NPC's in it already that my friend Euan drew.
But can draw them myself no problem too. Whetever you prefer autenticity or fanart.
If Fav needs to speak, I guess I would need a voice actor for him, whether you or if you prefer me to look for someone.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back