MarioKart Revamp

MarioKart Revamp Wave 1

JanaSol

Platinum Entertainment
JanaSol submitted a new resource:

MarioKart Revamp - The best of MarioKart in one place!

View attachment 88758

What is MKRevamp?​

MarioKart Revamp is a community project designed to provide kart with the best Mario Kart maps and all new Mario Kart themed expereinces! It also serves as a way to help newer mappers get involved in mapping. Submissions are always accepted, and help is always appreciated.

Look below for what's included and how to contribute!

Wave 1:​

Read more about this resource...

I've been having an issue. I've been trying to load this modpack, but I get an error saying the central directory is corrupt

Same here. Here's the console log.

Loading KRL_MKRevamp-v1.pk3 ERROR: Central directory is corrupt free(): invalid pointer Process killed by signal: SIGABRT - abnormal termination triggered by abort call (core dumped)

Same here. Here's the console log.

Loading KRL_MKRevamp-v1.pk3 ERROR: Central directory is corrupt free(): invalid pointer Process killed by signal: SIGABRT - abnormal termination triggered by abort call (core dumped)
Are there any more details you all have? I've been running this mod on Windows 10, Ubuntu Based Linux, and have confirmed working on mac os? You two are the only ones I've heard who have had this problem.

Sorry, I should've thought about that from the get-go. I'm running it on Ubuntu 22, with the flatpak, with OpenGL set. This happens even if it's the only addon loaded.

I've been having an issue. I've been trying to load this modpack, but I get an error saying the central directory is corrupt
Okay, may have found the solution, may just be an issue with the mod being loaded on Moe Mansion, I have no clue why but both the vanilla executable and Galaxy run this just fine

Okay, may have found the solution, may just be an issue with the mod being loaded on Moe Mansion, I have no clue why but both the vanilla executable and Galaxy run this just fine
Hello. Just as a test, I've tried running your pack on a vanilla 1.3 and it didn't work either (same error pointed out before in this thread), so it seems more of an issue of compatibility with 1.3 in general rather than something specific to Moe Mansion. It's not much, but I hope this helps.

Hello. Just as a test, I've tried running your pack on a vanilla 1.3 and it didn't work either (same error pointed out before in this thread), so it seems more of an issue of compatibility with 1.3 in general rather than something specific to Moe Mansion. It's not much, but I hope this helps.
Ah, well, thats not too much of a problem to be fair. 1.3 has been outdated for how long now? Must be something jank with old code moe inherited or somethin. Still, works fine for standard current release versions, I cannot guarantee compatibility with older versions, I build projects around the current version of the games Iwork on.

Ah, well, thats not too much of a problem to be fair. 1.3 has been outdated for how long now? Must be something jank with old code moe inherited or somethin. Still, works fine for standard current release versions, I cannot guarantee compatibility with older versions, I build projects around the current version of the games Iwork on.
That's entirely fair.

However, since the server I manage runs a custom 1.3 build with a specific feature not present in 1.6 that I need, I decided to investigate further on my end, and figured out what was going on and how to fix it, so I'll share it here for my few fellow 1.3 stragglers out there. It's thankfully a very easy fix.

It turns out the issue is with the archive file itself, and not anything specific about the files in it. All you have to do to make the pack work on 1.3 is create a fresh new PK3 file using Slade, copy-paste all the files and folders from the original pack into this PK3, give the new PK3 whatever name you want (even just the pack's original name), and voila, it loads and works properly on 1.3.

I can't be more delighted with this mod, If you allow me to give feedback, my only complaint is that DS peach gardens is very nice, but it's very easy to get lost, it would be great to implement some signs with arrows showing where to go.

Also, if there is a way that I can support you (in a way other than modding, since I don't know how to make maps and I don't know how to program) please tell me, I would love to keep the project alive

3DS Rock Rock Mountain has only 8 checkpoints, a lot of which are close to the start of the course. It's generally good practice to cluster more checkpoints towards the end, since you'd have to go through more of the course to backtrack and still count a lap. Since there's a glider ramp soon after, adding just a few more checkpoints later on would make it impossible to backtrack for the lap to count. For a course this length, 8 checkpoints is pretty few anyway. While there aren't spots to fall off in the later parts of the map, some mods (and Kitchen Sinks) may force players to respawn anyway.

As it is right now, just going a small bit of the course and back is much faster than driving the entire course.

Besides this checkpoint exploit and the courses being way too big (though this is subjective), these are some of the best decorated Mario Kart recreations! Since this pack is not reusable, I'd love to see a version where the tracks are smaller (by 25% or so) for hosting in servers that don't have speed increasing mods, since these feel very slow compared to the vanilla Mario Kart ports. Great work!

Hey hey, news for all the MKR fans out there! Work is underway on wave 2 for MarioKart Revamp! However theres some cleanup we need to do on the base release of wave 1 to clean it up in the interim. As such, here's the roadmap for wave 2 as well, note that any submissions we get for other maps in this project may cause wave 2 to change. Alongside this, Update 1 and MKR:Battle Wave 1 will release day and date together, and a small trailer will accompany them within the next couple of months. Thank you all for the wonderful support and all of us on the MKR team are very happy that you all have enjoyed it thus far. Theres much more to come and we're excited to show it!
MKRRoadmap.png

I think something in DS Peach Gardens may be broken. I can't seem to be able to get up the stairs in Peach's Castle. The steps are just too big.

I'm getting texture errors from light streaming in on windows and caves on N64 Bowser's Castle and 3DS Rock Rock Mountain. Is this a known error?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back