How to use MD2's on SRB2 2.2?

TakiTails

i am the one trapped in your closet. help
I've been looking for models for a bit now, and I've found one that looks perfect (Logan McCloud's Low Poly MD2s) but when I downloaded them they're in .MD2 format instead of .MD3 format. How do I either convert these md2's into md3's or use the md2's in 2.2 so I can use them in the game (the gif is what happened after I attempted converting it.

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 184
I never worked with MD2 neither MD3 files, but srb2 2.2 already includes vanilla 3d models on the OpenGL launcher

I've been looking for models for a bit now, and I've found one that looks perfect (Logan McCloud's Low Poly MD2s) but when I downloaded them they're in .MD2 format instead of .MD3 format. How do I either convert these md2's into md3's or use the md2's in 2.2 so I can use them in the game (the gif is what happened after I attempted converting it.
you don't need to convert them,they work fine without converting them,kinda but they work fine to me

I think it's impossible unless you make a port, either way, logan is still working on the "new" model pack wich is a complete overhaul, last time i used md2's in 2.2 my game did the same thing but crashed.

u need to get a port from youtube i wont recomend any video but if searched u can find a ported low poly sonic model the work perfectly fine not over sized or no animations

the model your are using is from a outdated version of srb2 2.1 making the models in the current version 2.2.10 (as of this message) broken

so i tried to use the tails staurn inspired models and for some reason there is another tails inside him witch there maybe be a way to get rid of it you may have to make the other tails invisable or you can seporate it idk where you can do that maybe blender or somthing?

Last edited:
so i tried to use the tails staurn inspired models and for some reason there is another tails inside him witch there maybe be a way to get rid of it you may have to make the other tails invisable or you can seporate it idk where you can do that maybe blender or somthing?
I have the same problem, but it's blaze and yoshi. It may be that the model files have something extra that shouldnt be there, therefore they stack on one another.

I have the same problem, but it's blaze and yoshi. It may be that the model files have something extra that shouldnt be there, therefore they stack on one another.
1. It has to do with how those characters got updated to use multiple sprites, but the models don't have the animations for said sprites so they show the default standing position instead.
2. You need to update your models.
3. This thread is over a year old. You had no reason to bump it.

1. It has to do with how those characters got updated to use multiple sprites, but the models don't have the animations for said sprites so they show the default standing position instead.
2. You need to update your models.
3. This thread is over a year old. You had no reason to bump it.
My apologies

they dont work since the animations are in a different order in 2.2. however, the jeck jims saturn md2s work perfectly (at least on Fsonic)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back