Help With creating MusicPacks.

MrBoingBD

"Just a guy who loves adventure!"
I'm currently making a level pack with 5 single level zones.
But I don't want to use the base games music for the levels
And all I could find for a musicPack tutorial was a 6 year old video for 2.1, and is outdated.

Anybody know how to make one?

Look at the filenames for the base game's music in srb2.pk3, and add your custom music under the same names. Now, if you set the level's music to the vanilla track you replaced, it should play your custom song instead.

Look at the filenames for the base game's music in srb2.pk3, and add your custom music under the same names. Now, if you set the level's music to the vanilla track you replaced, it should play your custom song instead.
You don't need to do this, you can use custom track names.
And all I could find for a musicPack tutorial was a 6 year old video for 2.1, and is outdated.

Here is an up-to-date tutorial: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Sound_and_music_tutorial

from what i know there are 2 different ways, first is via changing srb2's music to do this openslade or a doom editor and import your music file lets just use gfz1's music for this, you will have to name the WAD and music file O_GFZ1, save it, load it with your map and it should replace the music of greenflower zone act 1's music, this works with any srb2 song

second way is by doing the exact same thing but by using your own name, you can name it anything you want, just make sure that if its a midi file to use D_ instead of O_ so pretty much, exact same steps but you name it what you want to, lets just say you wanna name it after something like starlight zone, then you put down O_STARL, again, WAD and music file must be named this, then import into zone builder or ultimate zone builder and then edit the MAINCFG to have the level header 'Music' be starl, you dont need to have it be in all caps, just like the srb2 music, so pretty much what it should look like is

Music = starl

load the level and it should work

and also goodluck with the levelpack! :)

from what i know there are 2 different ways, first is via changing srb2's music to do this openslade or a doom editor and import your music file lets just use gfz1's music for this, you will have to name the WAD and music file O_GFZ1, save it, load it with your map and it should replace the music of greenflower zone act 1's music, this works with any srb2 song

second way is by doing the exact same thing but by using your own name, you can name it anything you want, just make sure that if its a midi file to use D_ instead of O_ so pretty much, exact same steps but you name it what you want to, lets just say you wanna name it after something like starlight zone, then you put down O_STARL, again, WAD and music file must be named this, then import into zone builder or ultimate zone builder and then edit the MAINCFG to have the level header 'Music' be starl, you dont need to have it be in all caps, just like the srb2 music, so pretty much what it should look like is

Music = starl

Thanks Ill try this.

I'm Around 60% - 68% done with the pack so far.

If you want a teaser, Try out "GreenValley".
It will be used as the first level of the pack.

Music = starl

Yo, I tried it making the Music pack this way and it worked!

Thanks a bunch!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back