• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

El-Fire's Kingdom valley remake!

El-fire

i am a toaster
hello!

im back for another SRB2-ified level remake. this time im tackling Kingdom valley from Sonic 2006.
srb20307.png

so far we got this highly detailed beginning remake, some breakable boxes with the proper wood debris, and some janky slopes though you're not supposed to run on these so its not biggie its just decoration. (i was going to attach some gifs showing those 2 other things off but for some reason it wont let me share them at this time so maybe in a separate post?) this is going to be a more faithful remake like how i did with my Emerald coast remake though looking at some footage on YouTube of this level i might have to do alot more improvising, Sonic cant run on walls in this game and nobody liked it when i used that wall running script in my Emerald coast remake, even my own sister and while i was making it i started disliking it but didnt remove it cause i didnt want to remake all the sections that needed it and i really wanted that mountain wall run skip. so yeah im not using that again im just probably going to use a steep slope.

this was inspired by a recent personal project i did of making some personal edits to the Sonic 06 level pack on here, since the person who originally made the port was banned so they werent going to update it anytime soon and it said it was open assests which i believe means i can do whatever i want to it, i added some colormaps, replace all goal rings with the standard SRB2 goal sign to make the goal ring mod work (sort of) and for a certain green fox to activate his happy time, i also added some ways to backtrack from one-doors and big drops again for that green fox, and i added some unused stuff i found like the rain in the water section of Kingdom valley and an unused skybox in Aquatic base. i kinda wanted to post it as a mod on here but im not sure if im allowed since i didnt make the entire thing i just made some edits but i thought: "what if i made a entire bonus level? would that let me be able to post it or would it be pushing it too far?" im not sure considering the circumstances this level pack is in. its port so the level pack was originally made by someone else and the person who made the port is now banned so im not sure what to do. if adding this does push it then ill just post this remake as a stand alone release if i actually finish it. im making this thread to hopefully keep me motivated to finish this since i have a habit of not finishing things and the last thread went very well so two times the charm? k bye!
Post automatically merged:

srb20017-gif.118895
srb20018-gif.118894

ok so it still wouldn't let me send the gifs even though it accepts them so i did a weird linking thing so hopefully this works.
anyways yeah box breaking and janky decoration slopes ye!

Attachments

• srb20018.gif
    9.3 MB · Views: 227
  • srb20017.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 237
hello!

im back for another SRB2-ified level remake. this time im tackling Kingdom valley from Sonic 2006.
View attachment 118889
so far we got this highly detailed beginning remake, some breakable boxes with the proper wood debris, and some janky slopes though you're not supposed to run on these so its not biggie its just decoration. (i was going to attach some gifs showing those 2 other things off but for some reason it wont let me share them at this time so maybe in a separate post?) this is going to be a more faithful remake like how i did with my Emerald coast remake though looking at some footage on YouTube of this level i might have to do alot more improvising, Sonic cant run on walls in this game and nobody liked it when i used that wall running script in my Emerald coast remake, even my own sister and while i was making it i started disliking it but didnt remove it cause i didnt want to remake all the sections that needed it and i really wanted that mountain wall run skip. so yeah im not using that again im just probably going to use a steep slope.

this was inspired by a recent personal project i did of making some personal edits to the Sonic 06 level pack on here, since the person who originally made the port was banned so they werent going to update it anytime soon and it said it was open assests which i believe means i can do whatever i want to it, i added some colormaps, replace all goal rings with the standard SRB2 goal sign to make the goal ring mod work (sort of) and for a certain green fox to activate his happy time, i also added some ways to backtrack from one-doors and big drops again for that green fox, and i added some unused stuff i found like the rain in the water section of Kingdom valley and an unused skybox in Aquatic base. i kinda wanted to post it as a mod on here but im not sure if im allowed since i didnt make the entire thing i just made some edits but i thought: "what if i made a entire bonus level? would that let me be able to post it or would it be pushing it too far?" im not sure considering the circumstances this level pack is in. its port so the level pack was originally made by someone else and the person who made the port is now banned so im not sure what to do. if adding this does push it then ill just post this remake as a stand alone release if i actually finish it. im making this thread to hopefully keep me motivated to finish this since i have a habit of not finishing things and the last thread went very well so two times the charm? k bye!
Post automatically merged:

srb20017-gif.118895
srb20018-gif.118894

ok so it still wouldn't let me send the gifs even though it accepts them so i did a weird linking thing so hopefully this works.
anyways yeah box breaking and janky decoration slopes ye!
Damn. This is a great start! this is great inspiration for a level remake I'm planning on doing.
You're doing great so far, Make sure not to overwork yourself! because that's a mistake I keep almost making.

About the reusability however, I'm not sure I Believe you should be just fine.

It's also about time that someone remade that 06 pack. As its once of my favorites but the level design could've been better.

Damn. This is a great start! this is great inspiration for a level remake I'm planning on doing.
You're doing great so far, Make sure not to overwork yourself! because that's a mistake I keep almost making.

About the reusability however, I'm not sure I Believe you should be just fine.

It's also about time that someone remade that 06 pack. As its once of my favorites but the level design could've been better.
im not remaking the entire level pack i just did some small edits i didnt do any major level design changes. the most i did on that was remove all major spin gaps and replace them with standard doors so Gamma can finally beat it. besides they just force you to spin under those anyway so whats the point in keeping them. all im doing is remaking this one level cause i felt inspired to and Kingdom valley is just cool so ye.

Last edited:
im not remaking the entire level pack i just did some small edits i didnt do any major level design changes. the most i did on that was remove all major spin gaps and replace them with standard doors so Gamma can finally beat it. besides they just force you to spin under those anyway so whats the point in keeping them. all im doing is remaking this one level cause i felt inspired to and Kingdom valley is just cool so ye.
Yeah, Sorry I said that last part wrong. I meant to say "It's also about time that somepme remade SOME parts/levels of that 06pack."

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back