2 Visual Glitches

Thor110

Just wanted to take the time to properly report the visual glitches I have encountered so far.

Techno Hill Zone Act 2
Visual Glitch 1 : Camera Clipping through a display.
vlcsnap-2024-05-07-10h53m06s211.jpg
vlcsnap-2024-05-07-10h53m14s035.jpg

Castle Eggman Zone Act 2
Visual Glitch 2 : Moving Platform has invisible geometry.
vlcsnap-2024-05-08-05h24m18s702.jpg

Having only played the game through once so far, I noticed these on my second playthrough which I started yesterday.

My thanks to the community for making this incredible game.

Thor110

Last edited:
some time this because "opengl"'s error(you pc hardware rendering error),just restart game that be fine
Post automatically merged:

or select "software"

some time this because "opengl"'s error(you pc hardware rendering error),just restart game that be fine

or select "software"
Both of these visual bugs are present every time I run the game.

As for selecting software, the game just freezes if I do that, editing the .cfg manually does allow it to run in software mode, but the issues are still present, the issue on Castle Eggman Zone Act 2 is actually a lot worse in software and most of those rotating platforms floor sections disappear altogether.

yes,i suggesting you redownload srb2
Just tried this so that I could respond to your suggestion and it makes no difference, neither in software, nor openGL modes.

Have you tried seeing if these issues are present for yourself?

i try it,that no have issues
1715231757004.png

wait what the
1715231812185.png

welp,i think this a bug, in building not add some floor

but in software is normal it
1715231994282.png

Just tried this so that I could respond to your suggestion and it makes no difference, neither in software, nor openGL modes.

Have you tried seeing if these issues are present for yourself?
welp,i think u need get zip ver

hmmmmmmmm,right now i will report this error to gitlab or github's srb2 project post

Last edited:
but in software is normal it
Strange, in software all the floors disappear for me.
welp,i think this a bug, in building not add some floor
The floor is still there, as in you can still walk on it, it just isn't rendering.

It's possible the geometry is facing the wrong way to begin with

vlcsnap-2024-05-09-06h30m20s741.jpg

It appears the underside of this platform has the same issue.
welp,i think u need get zip ver
I tested the zip version when I redownloaded it just a moment ago.
hmmmmmmmm,right now i will report this error to gitlab or github's srb2 project post
I would but there isn't an "Issues" section on the GitHub page @ SRB2 Github and I don't use GitLab, hopefully in time someone will see this as I have posted it here.

Last edited:
Both of these visual bugs are present every time I run the game.

As for selecting software, the game just freezes if I do that, editing the .cfg manually does allow it to run in software mode, but the issues are still present, the issue on Castle Eggman Zone Act 2 is actually a lot worse in software and most of those rotating platforms floor sections disappear altogether.
It doesn't freeze. Just press F11 twice after selecting software.

Most visual bugs like these just happen. They can't be fixed by changing settings within the game.

It doesn't freeze. Just press F11 twice after selecting software.

Most visual bugs like these just happen. They can't be fixed by changing settings within the game.
Good to know and I know none of what was previously suggested would fix anything, I simply tried them for the sake of being able to respond to the person who commented, I do a bit of development myself.

As for things like this just happening, that's far from true.

I suspect those faces are just facing the wrong way, but hopefully someone can get to the bottom of it.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back