Dimpsuu

Dimpsy
rami_icon.png
Speed: 6
Weight: 3

"Oh, I get it: HISTORY SCIENCE!" -Jonathon "Tronathon" Jafari

Even though I just finished a rabbit character, here's another one that will make people scream "Who?". This is a character who originates from an obscure shoot-em-up on the SEGA CD named "Keio Flying Squadron", who's probably only really known now for appearing in 1 JonTron video about weird SHMUPs. This little girl has a pretty decent speed but low weight, with sounds that had to be recorded manually in-game by removing the music. This does result in some lower quality sounds or the inability to record 1 sound without other sounds interfering but until there's a proper way to rip SFX from the game there is not much else I can do.

Attachments

• rami_icon.png
    rami_icon.png
    776 bytes · Views: 1,508
  • kart0041.png
    kart0041.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 331
  • kart0041.png
    kart0041.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 327
  • kart0042.png
    kart0042.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 693
  • kart0042.png
    kart0042.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 663
  • kart0043.png
    kart0043.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 424
  • kart0043.png
    kart0043.png
    71.1 KB · Views: 419
  • kart0046.gif
    kart0046.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 371
  • kart0046.gif
    kart0046.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 362
  • kart0047.gif
    kart0047.gif
    561.2 KB · Views: 253
  • kart0047.gif
    kart0047.gif
    561.2 KB · Views: 278
  • KC_Rami-R1.zip
    172.4 KB · Views: 294
  • KC_Rami-R1.zip
    172.4 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
I'm willing to pass this through releases, of course, but... Didn't you have a character pack? You made quite a few new releases, yet you could have just added them to the pack too.

Part of this was to sort of be fair to judges and not shadow drop new characters, I feel like the judging system would've made it unfair if I could just update a single thread with all the karts (probably a bit silly in hindsight but hold up). Having to also manage individual releases and the pack would be moot since I could just update the pack simply by also including the individual file too.

Another reason for this just simply has to do with how servers often are setup, people like to load tons of karts at a time and I feel like at a certain point my kart pack will have way too many karts to load up at once or at least along with other karts. It doesn't help my first pack contained a couple characters I feel get underplayed. I also do like to encourage servers to just make their own server packs with whatever karts they choose moreso to not only help compress the file space but then this means they can host a more definitive list of characters to play with.

As silly as it is I'd almost prefer to release a "Season 2" kart pack with a lot of these newer characters, and again likely going the route of just allowing a pick-and-choose.

EDIT: So I've taken up your idea a little by choosing to redirect back to the kart pack, covering the "too much" issue later on.

Last edited:
if you dont know keio from bullshit mega cd and saturn price gouging what are you doing with you're life

Is there like legit no way to extract the sfx from the CD, assuming there's no Sound Test? You could always check the Saturn sequel, it's a 2D Platformer but maybe it'll be easier to rip from there?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back