[Open Assets] 2.2 Shield Abilities

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Lach

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
Title pretty much says it all.

Press spin while wearing a Force Shield, Attraction Shield, or Elemental Shield to perform a Force Stop, Attraction Shot, or Elemental Stomp respectively.

Explanations, as taken directly from the SRB2 Wiki:
  • The Attraction Shield's new active ability is the Attraction Shot, which allows the player to dash towards nearby enemies, similarly to the homing attack but without cancelling the player's horizontal momentum after hitting the enemy. To indicate which enemy is targeted, an arrow marker will appear above the enemy when the ability can be used.
  • The Elemental Shield's new active ability is the Elemental Stomp, which makes the player quickly dash towards the ground.
  • The Force Shield's new active ability is the Force Stop, which cancels the player's momentum. Additionally, the shield has been recolored to a purple hue.

Obviously I can't guarantee that these abilities function exactly the same way as they do in 2.2, but I got some helpful tips from a couple of the developers over on the Discord server so they should be pretty close!

Attachments

• srb20594.gif
    srb20594.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,881
  • srb20595.gif
    srb20595.gif
    3 MB · Views: 1,645
  • srb20596.gif
    srb20596.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,634
  • shieldabilities.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,698
Last edited:
You don't have to create another Thing to replace the Force Shield Monitor, just rename that FRTV frames into BLTVC0, D0 and E0

You don't have to create another Thing to replace the Force Shield Monitor, just rename that FRTV frames into BLTVC0, D0 and E0

The Gravity Boots Monitor and some custom monitors (e.g. some from Monitors Plus) use BLTV frames to display the icon when burst open, so I made the pink icon a separate object to avoid that conflict.

Awesome! Since the 20th anniversary trailer went out, i wanted these shields, they're awesome, except for the force shield, i just liked the purple hue. Anyways, congrats Lach, you sure did a great work!

the elemental shield could have 2 abilities, the elemental stomp, and a ability inside the water like an dash (not like the elemental stomp)
I love cheese

Last edited:
>force stop
>cancel momentum
So I can stop mid jump like in Sonic Adventure now. Schweet

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back