Silver The Hedgehog (Boss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

You guys probably remember the Silver fight from SUGOI that I whipped up for the mod. (Since I wasn't a very confident level designer and came across porting this boss) So now, I decided to re-release Silver, this time with a few minor differences from the original boss fight.

AmM4wzp.gif

Here's the pointless plot to why you're going to fight him for 2 minutes:
The stage's environment is a void in the end of time. Despite there being barriers blocking you from exploring the rest of the void, you and Silver are stuck in this cold dark dimension with no reason why. Silver isn't very happy he's there and doesn't know or care who you are, but now that you're the only person there with him, you're the only person to blame for being there. Forcing you to fight with Pothead for the last time.

Silver's Projectiles have changed:
1: Psycho Blades (Courtesy and with the permission of Speedwagon) now replace the turret bullets
2: The Energy Ball now dies in a particle explosion when it hits the ground/wall.
3: NEW! A Shockwave projectile attack with no warning that dies within a second

The boss fight was originally supposed to give the player a game over if the Silver character wad was added and used in the same arena in SUGOI, but it was commented out for the sake of keeping the Single Player Campaign stable. But since this is a single boss fight, I don't give a fuck! If you use Silver during the Silver Boss Fight, you and the boss will die, leaving you a game over to actually try again next time with a different character. (Idea by me and TehRealSalt)

I highly recommend that you try to shamelessly insert this boss into your levels, don't forget to ask for permission before freely using it!

You can access this map via the map command:
Code:
map mapz2
Credit to Thompson for the original boss fight's SOC.

Attachments

• srb20147.png
    srb20147.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,020
  • srb20148.png
    srb20148.png
    6 KB · Views: 997
  • srb20145.png
    srb20145.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,033
  • sc_void.rar
    446.2 KB · Views: 1,895
Last edited:
ClutteredBoldBee.gif

New Update for not only modders, but for players as well.

1: Since OGL doesn't leave me at 8FPS in 640x400, I realized that the sprite prefix SLVB conflicts with one of Silver.wad's sprites, which forced you to fight an invisible Silver Boss.
tl;dr The boss' spritename has been changed to prevent conflict with what MD2's show.

2: The boss stage has gotten a slight update, now the stage has a dark blue colormap that gives an ever darker vibe to the atmosphere. (By PixelGamer64/White T.U)

3: The gif: The cutscene has been revamped with a little more imagery (By: PixelGamer64/White T.U)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back