This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherChen

The other one
Wield the power of everyone's favorite talking shower head from Super Mario Sunshine!

Press Fire or Fire Normal to use FLUDD. Press Next/Prev Weapon to switch nozzles, or use the number keys.

NOZZLES
  • (1) Squirt Nozzle: aim and shoot in any direction. Use while in a body of water to refill the tank.
  • (2) Hover Nozzle: fly for up to three seconds. Infinite use underwater.
  • (3) Rocket Nozzle: charge up and blast off into the air. While underwater, hold the button to rise to the surface before launching.
  • (4) Turbo Nozzle: boost forward at high speed, even across the water. You get a burst of invincibility when starting up.

WATER EFFECTS
  • Push players, enemies, and pushable objects
  • Destroy enemies and monitors, including team-colored ones
  • Turn team-colored rings into normal rings
  • Make springs grow to twice their size
  • More...? Try spraying random objects in the world -- if it sparks, something's happening!

CONSOLE COMMANDS
  • fludd_toggle: turn FLUDD on and off. When it's on, you can't use your ring weapons. Try binding it to a key so you can switch between FLUDD and your ring weapons quickly.
  • fludd_multi <on/off>: allow multiple uses of FLUDD in mid-air. (Server/admin only, turns cheats on)
  • fludd_infinite <on/off>: give everyone infinite water. (Server/admin only, turns cheats on)

NOTES
  • Using FLUDD while submerged doesn't cost any water. However, unlike in SMS, you must switch to the Squirt Nozzle to refill the tank.
  • Touching a checkpoint will refill the tank completely.
  • The wind shield increases how far you can be pushed, and the force shield decreases it.
  • Electric and bomb shields can be destroyed by other players' FLUDDs, causing an explosion.

UPDATE 1.4
  • HOTFIX 1.4.3: Added cvar fludd_multi
  • HOTFIX 1.4.3: Fixed water not popping monitors without funnymeme.wad
  • RANDOM UPDATE 1.4.2: Earning an extra life refills the tank completely. Also, funnymeme.wad
  • HOTFIX 1.4.1: Fixed being immune to crushers while boosting.
  • Using non-Squirt nozzles indefinitely underwater has been fixed. (Previously you couldn't use it if you fell into the water after using it once.)
  • Slightly altered the streams of water to appear more animated.
  • The Turbo Nozzle no longer causes you to swim to the surface.
  • Changed the Turbo Nozzle's jump behavior. You jump higher while running at max speed, but no longer fall slowly while boosting.
  • Fixed ring boxes and other sources of rings not refilling the tank.
  • You can no longer push stationary turrets.
  • Spraying rings no longer knocks them down (except team-colored rings).
  • Using a non-Squirt nozzle in the water slowly refills the tank. (Previous behavior was to quickly refill the tank when near full.)

KNOWN ISSUES
  • The spray sound may not always loop properly. I think this happens on first map load.
  • Releasing the Rocket Nozzle right after you exit the water launches you, allowing you to use it again. #FramePerfectTech
  • Landing on goo water while using the Turbo Nozzle causes sound spam.
  • Spraying while riding Tails lets you fly incredibly fast in any direction. Will not be fixed.
  • Need to test lots of players using FLUDD at once.

Attachments

• squirt2.gif
    squirt2.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,160
  • hover2.gif
    hover2.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,788
  • rocket2.gif
    rocket2.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,946
  • turbo2.gif
    turbo2.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,659
  • fludd-1.4.3.wad.zip
    476.6 KB · Views: 2,380
Last edited:
28666-super-sonic-sunshine.png

I guess this is technically a thing now.

This is definitely a great mod. I had a lot of fun speeding through the stages with the Turbo Nozzle.

...and then i run out of water because i get careless.

EDIT: Seems like I found a bug. Using "fludd_toggle" causes Fludd to lose it's nozzle head. It happens to all of the nozzles.
PalatableEnchantingCamel-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Is the FLUDD supposed to shrink/grow when the player does? If so, I found a bug, since it doesn't.

Besides that, it works really well. My only complaint is you can't tell when you damage bosses, and bosses don't enter their pinch phases from being sprayed with water.

(Also, please don't nerf the amazing speed you get from shooting while being carried by a flying character, that's hilarious.)

Is the FLUDD supposed to shrink/grow when the player does?
I wasn't planning on considering player scale, but I guess that's a bit important for ERZ and SF94 ain't it. Next release will fix that, and should fix some physics inconsistencies as well.

My only complaint is you can't tell when you damage bosses, and bosses don't enter their pinch phases from being sprayed with water.
That's intentional: it takes a team effort to destroy the boss quickly, but you don't have to go through its attack pattern. (Also it's easier to implement.)
If it's confusing, I'll change that too.

(Also, please don't nerf the amazing speed you get from shooting while being carried by a flying character, that's hilarious.)
I could leave it in... or I could just have the flying character spray water everywhere and not get pushed at all...
...Never mind, I'm leaving it in.

it takes a team effort to destroy the boss quickly, but you don't have to go through its attack pattern.
a team effort
...But I'm forever alone and have noone to play with. In fact, I found out about the "shoot-at-who's-carrying-you-to-go-fast" "exploit" with the Sonic & Tails option in single player, controlling both Sonic and Tails on my own. So for me, taking out the bosses FLUDD-only takes a while.
But I can understand why you might not want to have bosses flinch whenever they take as much water damage as a jump-bounce is worth, considering how quickly that much damage would happen with many players.

Last edited:
FLUDD should work at any size now. Boss behavior has been changed a bit.
I did change the Tails carry thing just a bit -- reduced the speed just enough to be controllable. It's still OP and it's gonna stay that way.

(By the way, I did ERZ3 up to the boss's pinch phase with only FLUDD. As Tails. Without pressing Jump or Spin. And finished the race with 2/3 of the tank to spare.)

(Also this mod does work with Mario, to some extent. After throwing a hammer, you need to jump and land before you can hover etc. Not gonna fix that, sorry.)

Last edited:
If the player gets hit while blasting off with the Rocket Nozzle, he/she'll be invincible, but can't collect rings anymore.

Another update. Not 2.1.15-related at all.
(I'm surprised the new version didn't break anything.)

If anyone has an idea on making the water stream look better without wrecking the framerate, I'll try it out.

I have found another bug, at least I think it shouldn't happen... It's simple, you can't get crushed while using the Turbo Nozzle.

Not sure if it works on other players.

Just tested, it doesn't work.

Also, there's another bug with this. Due to it's compatibility with Funnymeme.wad, Fludd can't pop monitors without that wad added anymore, spewing this error instead:

Code:
WARNING: ./DOWNLOAD/fludd-1.4.2.wad|LUA_FLUD:457: mobjtype 'MT_MEMEBLOOD' does not exist.

Last edited:
Bug: If you have corpses.wad and inflate a cpu player to a certain point, then an error will show up. and then corpses will start spawning on the main player.

I think it happens because when Tails respawns he's too big and his hitbox hits the void and kills him, spawning a corpse, and since he spawns above Sonic's current position, the corpse falls on Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back