Super Chris Cup (Riders 2.1 Level Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

Authorized to make this the first major racing addon (before Kart 2.1), I bring you the Super Chris Cup!

This pack was made by Super Chris (SRB2PlayerFan; Guy who hosts lots of SRB2Kart) with the intention to be an addon for the long awaiting Kart 2.1, which features 6 levels with an enemy Metal Sonic to race against in the levels.

For those concerned about the checkpoint system in this... It's pretty active but sketchy in my own opinion, your miss rate is about 45% despite the checkpoints being large enough for the riders.

This is also an example level pack for anyone that wants to create Riders mode levels for the Mod.

Update: Version 1.1

B (Board) is now the level label for Riders maps. (I need to see if the judges approve of it)

Checkpoints have been been extended to 128 FRACUNITS, which means you shouldn't be missing them as often as before.

Minor level edits.

Update: Version 1.2

A (Airboard; I'm unoriginal) hopefully will be the level label for Riders maps.

Fixed a speed pad error in Sky Drift

Attachments

• srb20088.png
    srb20088.png
    251.8 KB · Views: 1,122
  • srb20089.png
    srb20089.png
    247.3 KB · Views: 918
  • srb20095.png
    srb20095.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 827
  • srb20091.png
    srb20091.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 873
  • srb20093.png
    srb20093.png
    132 KB · Views: 766
  • srb20094.png
    srb20094.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 761
  • a_SuperChrisCup.rar
    16.7 MB · Views: 823
Last edited:
Considering this isn't made for vanilla, I think we can let this slide by without any prefixes in the WAD name. Certainly better than the standard Riders levels. That said, these are my suggestions for improving this:

- If you want to make the checkpoint system better in a future update, you have to widen the sectors that are starpost activators to at least 128 fracunits, possibly 192 so that Sonic can't just clip through them. It's annoying to have to backtrack when you miss a checkpoint. Should be an easy fix.
- Sky Drift is too large and makes the textures leak - though Riders itself was released without worrying about this, and most of the people who would play Riders tend to be OpenGL users.
- The custom textures in Sea Temple have a tutti-frutti effect. They need to be used as midtextures instead of upper/lower textures, and their width needs to be a multiple of 2 so they don't cut off.

Last edited:
This update is more of a slope revamp. I know not many people are using this since the modifications lineup is mostly resulted to: FSonic, Shadow, Silver, TailsCD, secondcolor, and any new release within 5 days. But hey, updates are updates amirite?

Update: Version 1.1

B (Board) is now the level label for Riders maps. (I need to see if the judges approve of it)

Checkpoints have been been extended to 128 FRACUNITS, which means you shouldn't be missing them as often as before.

Minor level edits.

Son of a "B", look like I'm gonna have to be an "A" about it.

horrible puns aside

Update: Version 1.2

Fixed a speed pad error in Sky Drift

But that's used by the vanilla SRB1 levels. A1-A9, AA-AK, AN-AO, AR-AW are all used by the SRB1 levels, leaving only A0, AL, AM, AP, AQ, AX, AY, and AZ left. That's only 8 levels free in the A- levels. And provided the SRB1 remake will be finished some time, AL, AM, AP and AQ would be added into vanilla SRB2 too, perhaps even more (I don't know how many levels are in SRB1), leaving at most 4 levels in A- left.

But of course, if people want to play SRB1 levels, they likely won't add this map pack, and vice-versa, so that's good and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back