[Open Assets] Character Diceroll

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toaster

トースタちゃん
Kart Krew™️
Changelog:
  • 1.2 - Now prevents mid-map skin changing!
  • 1.0 - First release.

Inspired by Let's Play Together SRB2 with combiring.lua "german", a YouTube series which I love so much even though I can't understand a word of it (and that's with 5 years of German classes...)

Consider this the generalised form of Metal Anyone - a randomly selected character each time the level changes (no suicide to get you out of this) to keep things fresh and interesting! Although it's intended for netgames, it does work in singleplayer as well (where it also changes your colour to the prefcolour).

For best results, play with every character wad of reasonable quality on the mb - and if you're in a netgame, with combiring.lua!

Attachments

• character_diceroll.lua
    2.1 KB · Views: 946
Last edited:
I have no words for this. This is amazing and we're definitely going to use that script in our upcomming videos. If anyone is interested here is a link to the actual playlist of this Let's Play (instead to my YouTube page). The dicerolling thing starts with part 20.

First post updated for the correct link! Sorry about that - wasn't sure how to do the specific series. I'm glad you like it though :D

Found a bug in SRB1 remake: whenever you die you will be either Sonic or Knuckles. I assume its because of the skin restriction of these maps.

gZVCoHD.gif

Yep, skin restriction. It's not a priority to fix, but I'll give it a look some time over the Christmas holidays in the next three weeks or something.

An update to version 1.2, now that netgames work and are fashionable again!

The primary reason for the update (thanks to Sapheros for the request to get me off my butt) is to prevent skin switching mid-map, in order to force the punishment of diceroll. I may add a custom cvar at some point to disable this, but I'm too lazy to figure out how that works. The upside of this being universally forced is that it ends up fixing the issue with SRB1 remake! (Uh, a year late. But better late than never...)

Hey. I realize this mod is kinda old, but considering it's rise in popularity with the Sugoi Lottery server, I'd like to make the feature request of having the ability to blacklist certain skins from being rolled on certain maps, through the console.

That way, no one is forced to use a character without the spindash on a level dominated by slope based platforming, while still being able to roll those characters on more acceptable maps.

Last edited:
Or just... don't add the characters at all? SUGOI was pretty safe and basic in the regards to the character_diceroll mod, but if you're forced to a character that may not be able to finish the level, get a game over or rejoin the server for a better pick. According to the levels from the SUBARASHII thread, it seems risky to add characters like Robo-Hood or Rosy in general, but again, you can rejoin or suffer with a game over.

Hey. I realize this mod is kinda old, but considering it's rise in popularity with the Sugoi Lottery server, I'd like to make the feature request of having the ability to blacklist certain skins from being rolled on certain maps, through the console.

That way, no one is forced to use a character without the spindash on a level dominated by slope based platforming, while still being able to roll those characters on more acceptable maps.
This is a pretty neat idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back