Glacier Gear Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

toaster

トースタちゃん
Kart Krew™️
Second place winner (aka first loser) in the May/June 2014 OLDC!

CompetentDetailedAlbatross.gif

New and mildly improved from 2.1's first and probably best OLDC! Praised for its imaginative theme blending and cursed for its devilish badniks, Doctor Eggman's secret chemical plant somewhere in the forbidden Arctuda Circangle is filled with dastardly tricks and traps! Use the Wacky Worksurfaces to your advantage, but watch out- when they go underwater, they'll give you the shock of your life!

Yeah, so. I planned to release a 1.1 immediately after the end of the OLDC, but MascaraSnake's crushing review made me feel terrible about this map and I basically abandoned it to work on other stuff. I was recently reaffirmed how much everyone who isn't an absolute perfectionist likes this map, though, so I felt it was time to give it a bit of polish and ship it out. This isn't the end of this map- there's a lot I'm still somewhat unhappy with which I feel like I need to change- but my desire to work on this is pretty low right now, so here's the changes I've made so far.

Future changes, in order of priority:

• Revamp right path after first checkpoint to introduce the bounce walls/not suck
  • A more interesting end to the level
  • General path balance tweaking, plus additional paths maybe?
  • Act 2??? (probably for another OLDC, though)
  • Boss??????
  • Level pack??????????????? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
  • AND MANY MORE
v1.6- managing my #brands.

• The devtime emblem symbol has been updated because I'm a slave to corporate America.
v1.5- the first set of tweaks.

• The player no longer dies when they step on a seemingly arbitrary sector in the 2D section. This was caused by a monitor in reverse gravity being pushed upwards by THZ slime.
  • All outstanding SOC definitions have been converted to Lua for forward compatibility/tweaking.
v1.4- post OLDC release.

• Waddaleks are now converted to Lua definition instead of SOCs for forward compatibility/tweaking.
  • Waddaleks now fire ZAP ORBS instead of the GFZ Eggmobile's laser trail.
  • The THZ slime immediately after the escape from the 2D section no longer looks weird in OpenGL mode.
v1.01- initial OLDC release.

• The map comes to life, and proceeds to make three devs cry tears of joy! (this may be an exaggeration)

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 852
  • srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 826
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 933
  • scr_glaciergear.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,044
Last edited:
The -notso- biggest shock of my life is to see this back!
And yes, you fixed those damn penguins!

Anyway, I wish you luck if you want to do a second ac- Wait, you don't even need luck, you can do it.

BUG: Special stages are broken.
Fix: add in UseNiGHTSSS= 1, add in custom special stages, or copy all 7 special stages with level headers and give each one a special stage parameter sector with way too much time and no rings.

NOT A BUG: I wanna make new special stages at some point and didn't want to have to update the level to put special stage tokens in at a later point, so the broken implementation that's in currently is what you're going to have to live with until I get around to that.

Recent events in corporate America demand my #brands keep up with the times. The devtime emblem has had its iconography altered. Not a strictly necessary update to download, but I needed to do it for my own peace of mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back