The Emerald Isles v2.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapheros

The Emerald Isles are now ported to 2.1!

This mod work completely different from the last version of the mod, 2.6, as well as any other SRB2 level mod as of this date.

The main goal is to collect all seven chaos emeralds and approach the green platform to end the game.

You will be spawned in a hub world and can choose between any of the stages. Be wary of the difficulties of each level.

Each Emerald can be found after beating a boss, and you will be taken back to the Hub World after exiting the boss stage. (Except for one case in Blaze Canyon.)

Thanks to Kuja for Permission to port this mod.
Thanks to "Lat" for the Enemies and bosses.
Thanks to Xkower8181 for the boss of Shale Village.
Thanks to Hitcoder for bug fixes. (Especially since I was unable to work on this mod a lot. Really, thanks dude.)

KNOWN BUGS: For some reason, CECHOs tend to glitch out with the file at times and present different letters and symbols. This goes same with some auto commands. I cannot find a proper fix for these.

5/29/15 - MAJOR UPDATE
While version 3.0 is on its way thanks to my failure, I've decided to include a truly proper port to hold off those that are waiting for Kuja to make 3.0.

-Any changes stated in the comments are now removed in TEI27:

• AMT Crawlas, EMT Crawlas, Devil Sonic, and Bigass Brown Crawlas have now been removed
  • The Hub is now an unlockable
  • The boss music in New ALZ3 should be present
  • BCZ1's speed pads were properly changed
  • All bosses from 2.6 are now in their proper zones with no changes to their battles.
  • Kuja's Special Stages are only available in the Emerald Run unlockable, and the special stages are back to normal.
  • Subtitles are also gone
  • Explanations have been added to New ALZ1 and the Scrapped Hub World for those who don't know about the major problems
Note: The file with the true port is TEI27.rar, for those that for some reason whatsoever like the first version of TEI, it's still available for download.

Attachments

• srb20061.png
    srb20061.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 1,279
  • srb20062.png
    srb20062.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,295
  • srb20063.png
    srb20063.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,282
  • srb20063.gif
    srb20063.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 1,407
  • srb20059.png
    srb20059.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,312
  • srb20057.png
    srb20057.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 889
  • srb20055.png
    srb20055.png
    55 KB · Views: 831
  • srb20056.png
    srb20056.png
    252.6 KB · Views: 927
  • scr_TEI27.rar
    10.2 MB · Views: 1,499
  • scr_TEIOld.rar
    9.5 MB · Views: 836
Last edited:
After only six weeks in Submissions limbo, welcome to Releases. Aren't we judges an efficient bunch?

I had the good idea to try the new Aquatic Labyrinth.
Please, just remove it from this pack. T_T
Boss battles are ridiculous too, they're sometimes painfully hard! Just look at Shale Village 3 or Sandtrap Dunes 3.
Speaking of boss battles, the boss theme doesn't launch in New Aquatic Labyrinth 3, you should fix that.

Devil Sonic never thought he would get a third chance.
This time he took his revenge over Sylveon!

I'm sorry, Duon and Hitcoder, but literally every change you have made to this thing has actively been to the detriment of the pack.

You shouldn't try to change level packs you're porting significantly if you have no understanding whatsoever of how the original pack was good (or bad), and you should especially not touch a level pack if your idea of improvement is to spam enemies in every single room.

I'm susprised Kuja gave you permission.

Last edited:
Um, to be honest, the enemy spam wasn't from me. It was actually from Kuja himself. I just replaced the Blue crawlas with AMT crawlas in some of the zones. I decided not to mess with the enemies that much mostly because of the original TEI, and its major crawla-bouncing advantage in some zones.

EDIT: @Lat': I swear I tried to fix it... I'll see if I can fix it the next time I can work on this pack.

Last edited:
Oh god, you did not listen to me at all when I told you NOT to release this in the state that it's currently in. Well at least you removed the stolen levels from the OLDC that you added in during the initial build I guess.

that much
You missed a spot. Yes, I did mess with the enemies, but it was really a minor change. These enemies are the same amount of enemies from 2.0. But to prevent any major conflicts where I could get in trouble, I'll simply just accept my mistake, and move on to more criticisms.

>minor change

Yeah these aren't minor changes. Or good changes for that matter.

This port was pretty disappointing. I know some ports are generally untouched with level design wise (Ex. Tortured Planet and Mystic Realm) or some are even tweaked a little but to meet with 2.1's standards but instead of doing that, I feel like you guys just asked permission from the original developer and added your stuff to it that was really unnecessary or downright questionable without having to do the dirty work of making your own levels.

For example, why replace the first boss of Emerald Island Zone with a "Devil" Sonic? Nothing was wrong with the original boss and I felt like it was really unfitting. Also looking at the posts above regarding enemy placement, why not just remove some enemies instead of replacing enemies with a projectile based enemy which almost makes the levels really cheap at some points. One more thing before I go, why have the HUB? Honestly, why? I think it's just really unnecessary and it's not done right at all. Especially when it zooms out and doesn't zoom back in. I liked it when the player just went level to level and not collect Chaos Emeralds in order to get to the finish line sector located in the HUB to beat the game. It just feels like one big scavenger hunt but it's not fun at all. Again, I feel like this is genuinely a bad port.

EDIT:
Port is a rather incorrect statement, because it suggests adapting with little tweaks. I feel like "bad remaster", or "demaster" would fit better.

Couldn't agree more.

Last edited:
Port is a rather incorrect statement, because it suggests adapting with little tweaks. I feel like "bad remaster", or "demaster" would fit better.

Last edited:
Oh God, so this happened. Can you please get rid of the godawful "Hub Zone" with its even worse camera? Thanks.

Then there are zones. So, random Facestabbers and an Egg Guard at the start of EIZ1. Then nowhere else. Okay. Boss was like from a bad fanfiction. Honestly, "Devil Sonic"? That's laughable.

Blaze Canyon was alright, though you could've changed the music in the first act. ACZ2 is incredibly repetitive. Also, look, random Emerald!

Aquatic Labyrinth is one huge mistake. The first act is unplayable and is horribly retextured. Fix pls. Then there's the second act with its gorgeous introduction of the crime against nature, rocket crawlas. Is it just me, or did you also change the layout a bit? When entering the boss arena, music also cuts mute for some reason.

Shale Village is where it turns from Bad to actually Worse. The outrageous rocket crawla spam just added salt to the wound. And oh my god the incredibly cheap boss is turning this all Up to Eleven.

Twilight Pass. Nothing much to say aside from the fact that Sea Egg as a boss... God have mercy on your soul. Seriously, the arena doesn't work for it, makes the fight tediously long. Also yes, more rocket crawla spam, brilliant.

Sandtrap Dunes with its ludicrously loud Sandopolis theme. And more rocket crawla spam, but that's pretty much a running gag at this point. Also, the boss. That boss holds a special place in hell for being beyond stupid. Metal Sonic, cheap SVZ boss and Sea Egg crammed up in a Rusty Ruins arena is NOT a good idea.

Also the subtitles were all incredibly cheesy. Honestly, you should revert it all back to how it was. Get rid of Bullet Hell crawlas, put appropriate bosses where they belong and god, get rid of the Hub zone. If you do all that, I may consider forgetting the eyesore that is Devil Sonic.

How did Kuja permit you people to gut his mod like this is beyond me.

Last edited:
Okay, it's obvious to admit that this mod is a complete failure. My creativity pretty much became the downfall of this mod, and I apologize greatly. When I get the chance, I will work on a secondary version of the mod to please those that truly want TEI to be the true version 2.7.

I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about (note to self: shut up before I get an infraction)

I remember hearing Duon mentioning that someone requested he change the enemies in levels on skype sometime, can't remember when but I'm sure he mentioned that they were switched from a request a while back.

I personally think the new bosses make the pack more interesting, and I don't see why I received so much credit other than bugtesting and adding some things for Duon when he couldn't. The boss in shale village isn't difficult at all, I personally find it too easy.

Opinions.

Hit is right, I replaced the enemies to give the levels challenge. I used Kuja's Hub World since it was sitting in the original file, and based the mod around it. I added emeralds at the end of each zone because I used Kuja's Special Stages (Which were hard enough anyways.) Most of the ideas were bad, but it was done to make something new out of a Mod I liked. I was looking forward to making a new gimmick for the mod. (The hub was supposed to require an amount of emeralds to enter.) But, I suppose changing the Stonehenge isn't a great idea, nor is changing the simplicity of TEI.

Yes, I did give him permission with the intent that it would be a straight port, so admittedly I didn't really care at the time.

The good news is I'm working on it, as well as replacing Shale Village with a new zone entirely, so you can expect an actual 3.0 update/port sometime in early June.

Yes, I did give him permission with the intent that it would be a straight port, so admittedly I didn't really care at the time.

The good news is I'm working on it, as well as replacing Shale Village with a new zone entirely, so you can expect an actual 3.0 update/port sometime in early June.

I love you Kuja-sama desu

Unrelated: Oh, Kuja, you're alive! You returned for a little bit on IRC and then vanished without a trace.

Any explanation as to why the Good Version of Aquatic Labyrinth chugs single digit frame-rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back